Director, Client Solution Architect
- Foster City, CA, USA
While the default location is Foster City, CA, there can be location flexibility across Austin, TX; Bellevue, WA; Salt Lake City, UT; and, New York, NY.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a passionate, authentic, and dynamic leader for Visa’s efforts to expand, implement and monitor the solutions we deliver to merchant acquirers. This is a global role, and is part of our Merchant Digital Products group. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Visa Merchant Digital Products.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
Advanced understanding of banking, payment card systems, payment methods and merchant acquiring and processing in the US, Europe and Asia
Detailed and demonstrated experience in eCommerce, mobile and point-of-sale technologies
Highly preferred to have an understanding of Fraud Management, PCI, Product Management and Marketing Principles
Sound knowledge of strategic planning and merchant acceptance business acumen
Current knowledge of emerging payment trends, players and competitive landscape
- Negotiation skills with a track record of achieving results
Strong analytical, quantitative, commercial, project management and interpersonal skills
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to synthesize information into key messages appropriate for the audience
Ability to inspire and lead high performing cross-functional teams who can envision and create innovative solutions that meet the needs of our global clients
Disciplined and tolerant of ambiguity, with the maturity and capability to interact and influence across multiple organizational levels, internal and external to CYBS and Visa
Ability to interact with senior management; strong communication and presentation skills
Intellectual curiosity and interest in digging into the detail, understanding data, making recommendations based on the data and using it to solve problems
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- High energy level, performance oriented and passionate about merchants, acquirers and technology in the digital commerce space
- Ability to work constructively in a cross-functional, initiative-based structure – leading large teams where there is not a direct reporting line
- Experience and comfort in engaging with internal and client executive teams
- Demonstrated project management with an ability to appropriately phase and prioritize key underlying capabilities and activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to simplify and communicate complex technical issues to non-technical executives, sales teams and other stakeholders
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Lead people
- Execute against commitments
- Collaborate across functional areas and global regions
- Understands and defines solution requirements and technical capabilities/options to specify the best solutions design for clients and to ensure that CyberSource meets its client contractual obligations, as well as aspirations to deliver innovative payment solutions, globally and at scale. Lead to identify, design, and specify end-to-end solutions while translating clients’ business strategies and objectives into an overall solution approach and roadmap that is used to determine the solution and functionality that CyberSource can implement, on a committed timeline and budget.
Understands our clients’ needs and business outcomes and is able to act as the technical champion within CyberSource to advocate for their clients, while mindful and respectful of competing product development priorities and backlogs, in order to effectively manage client expectations and delivery timeline while ensuring the feasibility of solutions by mapping components to actual existing capabilities and assets.
Provides thought leadership on all payments and commerce-related matters in order to develop a vision for specific areas of solution with an eye toward applicability across the greater client base.
- Collaborates with the Client-facing teams and coordinates with CyberSource professional services Engagement and Implementation Managers to own all technical payment related client deliverables, from inception to release. Manages client evolution for new launches including further solution design, training and operational processes for solution launches where appropriate.
Engages Product Managers, Sales Engineers, Developers, Product Support, Partners and External vendors on solution scoping and business case creation for all net new development.
Designs all payment flows, including data points and business processes working with Product Management and Partners to understand product gaps and timescales for delivery.
Drives coordination with core product teams to prioritize product changes and feature enhancements, identifying critical paths and risks.
Participates in the ongoing solution prioritization process for new or proposed client and partner initiatives to create fact-based assessments of projects with supporting recommendations for Executive Leadership.
Supports a sustained level of involvement in the internal and external testing of all product, solution, and feature releases, to ensure that all requirements and flows meet defined requirements and quality standards.
Maintains high level of expertise across CyberSource products and solutions with a detailed understanding and appreciation for overall strategic context, priorities, and revenue goals.
Stays abreast of evolving payment technologies, innovations and strategic partners that may accelerate speed-to-market, or enhance our existing products and solutions.
Initiates solution ideation and execution to drive the creation of new solutions with CyberSource solution owners and product managers, as well as 3rd-party technology providers. Turns ideas into proof of concepts, prototypes, and technical artifacts to highlight our innovations, or to solicit client feedback on new product features or functionality.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.