Director, Global Payments Processing
- Foster City, CA, USA
Location: Foster City, California; Bellevue, Washington; or, Austin, Texas
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As the Director, Product Management for Payments Processing, you are at the forefront of consumer and merchant choice for payment acceptance. The role requires a global perspective of commerce and markets where innovation is defining new ways to pay and opening new routes to enable payments in various regions across the globe.
- Build new payment processing capabilities – Build connections to processors across the world, owning the connections end-to-end from creation, merchant onboarding, and launch to operationalization of the connection.
- Deliver optimized payment processing solutions – Harness and develop innovations in payment and commerce experiences, regardless of form factor and payment method to establish CyberSource and Authorize.Net as a best in class and industry thought leaders in payment processing.
- Manage, refine and optimize payment processing – Own the product capabilities to enable seamless integration of processors and payment networks to our platform. Drive best practices and establish KPIs to support product and monitor product performance.
- Industry Representation – Reinforce CyberSource and Authorize.Net in the industry to highlight our thought leadership and develop a perspective on regional payment processing that positively and proactively differentiates CyberSource and Authorize.Net.
- Liaise and drive Business Development Strategies – Drive and steer processor engagement and growth with the Merchant Sales and Solutions business development alliances team to develop connections with processors for existing market penetration and new market and segment opportunities
- 12+ years of experience, including at least 3-5 years of Product Management experience in the payments industry
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Experience with aspects of product development life-cycle, including planning, product management, product marketing, and development, in order to develop and commercialize your product portfolio
- Passion for what you do, and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Ability to build strong networks and relationships across organizational boundaries
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable operating in a complex distributed organization with the ability influence those without direct management responsibility in a matrixed organization
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity and making decisions with "enough information"
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on client success
- Self-aware with ability to adapt to various situations
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.