- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer in the Cybersecurity team who will focus on developing new Product Security framework.
Are you interested to be part of world class Information Security team and work with Security technology expert to help improve the product security as early in the product development as possible, be it treat modelling, static code analysis? Do you like to solve complex data analytics problems and work with world class security experts?
You'll need to have excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies and have experience in product security such as secure application design, static code analysis and web application vulnerabilities. You will be a critical part of the core security engineering team for a high-performance product security automation framework development.
The candidate will perform hands-on activities including design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
In this position you will be expected to:
- Participate in every stage of feature development from design and brainstorming through feature implementation, including fixing that last critical bug under a tight release deadline.
- Work as part of a dynamic team collaborating closely with other engineers, engineering teams and product owners.
- Architect, Design and Lead component development with a small team of developers
- Take responsibility to produce high quality secure code, apply application security principles in development stage
- Review high level features and convert them to low level design
- Review stories, provide accurate scoping and help junior team members with scoping and provide constructive input and feedback
- Create technical specifications and design artifacts
- Implement major features from scratch
- Create unit tests for features,
- Perform code reviews, use SAST for Static Code Analysis and fix all security issues
- Work with QA to ensure the quality of the feature
- Contribute to design & overall product architecture
Skill Set required
• BS/MS degree in computer science, computer security or relevant field required.
• 4-6 Years’ experience in developing Java/J2EE applications, and experience in using Java Web Application framework such as Spring, Spring boot, Node.js
• Strong object oriented design techniques, and reusable component design
• Experience in working with Static code analysis tool and hands on experience in using them
• Experience in using Secure Code guidelines during development stages, take responsibility for producing secure and high quality code
• Experience in dealing with Web Application Security vulnerabilities
• Experience with source control, build and deployment tools such as Subversion, Maven, Hudson, Git, Artifactory and Chef/Ansible desirable
• Experience in using Docker and building & deploying micro-services using Docker containers
• Experience with writing unit tests, integration tests and automation tools.
• Strong analytical skills with good problem solving ability desired.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.