Analyst, Strategic Initiatives
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa is one of the top 50 most admired brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer and can be found on the lists of: The World’s Most Innovative Companies, The World’s Most Respected Companies, The World’s Most Ethical Companies, America’s Best Employers and The World’s Most Valuable Brands, to name a few.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Analyst, Strategic Initiatives role is a new position within Issuer Processing and Enablement (IP&E), primarily responsible for managing a portfolio of projects of varied durations related to IP&E’s business strategy, business development, or strategic initiatives. The position is designed to be entry-level to Visa and the payments industry, where the successful candidate will be emmersed in the business and required to learn quickly.
This position reports to the Sr. Director, IP&E Strategy. The role will require interaction with senior level managers within Visa Inc., across multiple cross-functional areas, such as Visa Technology, Digital, Product, Finance, Sales, Account Management, Implementation, Call Center, and Marketing. Additionally, the successful candidate may interact externally with partners, prospects and clients. The position is based in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. The position will require travel to other Visa sites and client sites, including Visa’s corporate headquarters in San Francisco, California. Some international travel may be required dependent upon the project.
The position requires the ability to assess a broad set of technical, quantitative and qualitative issues and opportunities in parallel, synthesize this information into key points and priorities, and take action or make recommendations to the Sr. Director, IP&E Strategy and Visa Inc. executive management to drive results for the business. This role will have opportunities to develop strategy at the highest level, and generate tactical plans that can be executed by the various business lines within IP&E.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· Manage a portfolio of projects of varied durations related to strategy, business development, or strategic initiatives.
· Balance facilitation, influence, and content contributions to help business leaders design, advance and execute business strategies.
· Proactively identify potential opportunities and risks for IP&E. Develop a point of view and get buy in for actions IP&E should take in conjunction with colleagues across the organization.
· Develop frameworks that support the prioritization of strategic initiatives, and evaluate investment opportunities for their strategic and financial value. Prioritize project activities and coordinate resources to achieve project goals.
· Identify, structure, and manage complex issues to arrive at recommendations that drive business priorities and demonstrate results to business lines.
· Maintain business landscape knowledge, to provide solid foundational context for critical strategic projects.
· Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues.
· Build out unique, creative and impactful solutions by integrating insights across Visa's many expert functional resources and supporting collaborative solution development
· 2+ years of job experience, including working knowledge in business accumens such as finance, technology, consulting, product management or sales.
· Bachelors degree is required. MBA or post graduate degree (or currently a graduate student) a plus, as well as educational focus in one or more of the following disciplines: finance, information technology, general business administration, computer science, or marketing.
· Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
· Ability to quickly develop and assess an opportunity’s potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience.
· Outstanding communication and writing skills to relay complex concepts to a broad audience, with strong presentation acumen.
· Experience and skill working with visualization tools such as Powerpoint, Visio, Sketch, Omnigraffle or the Adobe suite of products.
· Strong financial skills are preferred, working within Excel and other tools, managing data sets, creating pivot tables, charts, and interpreting output, leading to recommendations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.