Manager - Visa Advertising Solutions
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Do you know the difference between a DMP and a DSP? Are you familiar with the agencies who lead digital marketing for many of the top merchants in the U.S.? Do you get live and breathe ad tech and are you excited by the challenge of bringing to market innovative digital advertising solutions?
As part of the Visa Advertising Solutions team, this Manager will have responsibility for leading business development and go-to-market efforts across Visa’s digital advertising products. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for coordinating efforts with internal and external stakeholders to maximize adoption and utilization of Visa’s powerful suite of digital advertising products. To be successful, this individual will work in close collaboration across the entire Visa organization to serve Visa’s traditional and non-traditional clients and help evangelize the product externally. This person should have great problem solving ability with an ability to position and construct the right message to meet different stakeholder’s needs. This role will report to the Director, Business Development of Visa Advertising Solutions team within Visa’s Data Products organization. He/she will have significant exposure to key leaders across the Visa organization.
This person will be based out of San Francisco and report to the Director, Business Development within Visa’s Data Products organization.
· Create and own a healthy sales pipeline across direct and indirect clients through advertising agencies
· Build relationships and coordinate business development efforts with key partners in the digital advertising ecosystem (e.g. agencies, trade desks, and analytics)
· Ideate and execute opportunities for expanding utilization
· Guide development and ongoing enhancement of sales materials
· Influence and provide thought leadership to an extended cross-functional team including product, operations, legal, analytics, and engineering to deliver on product objectives
· Sell in annual deals across various products to agencies including subscriptions and measurement bundles
· Manage a combined list of target agency accounts as well as a pre-defined list of non-Top 250 merchant-direct relationships
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
· 5+ years of relevant experience, including 2 + years of experience in business development in the advertising technology and data products field
· Strong communication skills and IT fluency
· Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
· Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Google Docs
· Possess significant functional knowledge of digital advertising ecosystem and players involved, including in-depth knowledge around targeting and measurement solutions in the marketplace
· Comfortable presenting and pitching advertising and data related products to clients
· development in the advertising technology and data products
· Advanced communication skills with the ability to influence across all levels of an organization
· Strong business acumen – ability to influence strategy while driving tactical program delivery
· High proficiency in delivering sales materials (e.g. PowerPoint)
· Creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
· Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge is a plus
· Expertise in big data analysis and modeling techniques is a plus
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours as well as avail themselves for client entertaining and travel during non-traditional work hours.
• Availability to periodically travel (~30%)
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in-person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.