Director – Strategic Sourcing – Creative Production & Events
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director of Strategic Sourcing leads by example, and through partnership to drive competitive advantage and value for Visa Inc. As the lead for Marketing Production, you are accountable for developing strategies to deliver sustainable results across all types of Creative Production by identifying new opportunities for value and process improvement. The Director will manage all of the Creative Production sub-categories and have accountability to delivery against department and functional goals. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to succinctly frame issues and alternatives to drive decisions forward.
Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategies
Manages multiple complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, Business Partnerships, and navigate complexity within a large global matrixed organization
Creates a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business
Develops long term portfolio category strategies that are directly linked to Marketing’s functional objectives and Visa Inc. level goals with a focus on Creative Production
Partner very closely with Visa’s Agency Management COE to measure and assess agency performance vs. negotiated KPIs and industry benchmarks
Provides high level guidance on the overall continuous strategic sourcing process from needs identification, through supplier performance management across multiple media agencies
Develop strategy for de-coupling production from creative
Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of Visa
A champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others
Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategies
Develop and manage category wide SRM plans with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree + 10 years of relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing Strategic Sourcing, Performance Marketing, or within a Marketing Agency required
- 7+ years leading the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies.
- In-depth understanding of the agency and production marketplace; deep industry and/or professional relationships with suppliers and agencies
- Deep understanding of marketing math/measurement and associated metrics
- Experience working with Production Cost Consultants and implementation of production best practices at a global scale
- Past experiences challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization
- Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies for creative production
- Strong relationship-management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior-to-exec management. You need to be able to tell compelling stories through insights and data
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
“This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.”