Polytechnic Traineeship, Digital Partnerships
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Digital Partnerships and Ventures Team is a client facing organization that sets Visa’s public digital narrative, develops commercial partnerships with industry leading brands and platform providers and manages the ongoing engagement with large and small Fintech players across the region.
Large-scale digital platforms are an increasingly important component of our product and solutions distribution strategy. Likewise, smaller fintech players are an increasingly important source of innovation and disruption in payments. Our Digital Partnerships team develops new solutions and commercial partnerships with major digital platforms and will engages the fintech community to nurture growth in new solutions and partnerships.
Digital Partnerships is responsible for developing business development capabilities across regional offices, ensuring that teams have the sales narrative, tools, packaged programs and deal support required to ensure Visa are the partner of choice for all Fintechs.
The Trainee will contribute to the team’s programmatic management of strategic partnerships with critical non-financial institutions, which includes tech giants and multi-regional players as well as the wider ecosystem.
The Trainee will help navigating, coordinating, analyzing and managing the existing Bigtech and Fintech relationship we have signed agreements with and bringing different initiatives to fruition
Key responsibilities (percentages are guides only)
70% - Support day to day account management related activities including:
- Reporting – account updates, project reports (MS Excel and/or PowerPoint, Salesforce)
- Project management on multiple on-going department projects
- Supporting Visa’s Digital Partnerships and Ventures Team events
- Visa Fintech Fastrack program deliverables (webinars, PowerPoint assets, Process mapping etc.)
30% - Support with ongoing deployment for new programs (mostly Fintechs)
- Support Program Manager in partner deployment
- Help build program tracker and join internal and external calls on the project
- Engage in adhoc problem solving depending on the scope of the project
- Good opportunity to learn how Visa works and deploys with BigTech and FinTech partners
What are we looking for in a Polytechnic Trainee?
- Students pursuing Diploma courses in Business, Management, Innovation, Information Technology or related fields
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (Strong command of English)
- Detail oriented, organized & curious
- Agile and easy to adapt to different moving projects
- Must be able to work in a dynamic startup-like team environment with a diverse team
- Energetic, positive, with a can do attitude
- Keen to get stuff done
The Polytechnic Traineeship Program runs from September / October 2019 to February / March 2020