Polytechnic Traineeship, Corporate Communications
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Asia Pacific Corporate Communication team oversees all internal and external communication, including social media posting, media outreach, speaking opportunities, and acts as corporate spokespeople for all aspects of the Visa business in the region.
The team also implements Visa’s employee engagement initiatives in partnership with Human Resources and social responsibility programs in partnership with Government Relations and the Social Impact team.
Job Scope (percentages are guides only)
- (50%): Support hub team in communication projects (specific projects are time-dependent and will be clarified closer to start date)
- (20%) Help develop content for Visa’s Intranet, in partnership with communication teams in market as well as hub business teams
- (20%) Support Asia Pacific Regional Meeting and All-staff planning, content review and rehearsal logistics
- (10%) Learning and development including presentation development, social media approaches, business leader and executive management and other topics as requested by student
- In-house research to support media outreach
- In-house interviews to better understand business priorities
- Writing for Intranet, social media posts and if appropriate media releases/messages
- Event logistics support
What do we look for in a Polytechnic Trainee?
- Currently pursuing a Diploma in Business, Mass Communication, Media and Communication, Marketing or related fields
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High-level writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to work with ambiguity, confidence to ask questions and seek clarifications
The Polytechnic Traineeship Program runs from September / October 2019 to February / March 2020