Machine Learning Engineer - Visa Research
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
As a Lead Engineer, you will work closely with our world-class research team to build production ready large scale software. This role represents an exciting opportunity to make key contributions to Visa's strategic vision as a world-leading data-driven company. The successful candidate must have proven track record in building distributed systems from the ground up. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and excellent collaboration skills.
- Design and implement efficient and scalable distributed systems
- Lead a team of software engineers
- Develop proof-of-concept prototype with fast iteration and experimentation
- Develop and maintain software design documentation, test cases, and performance evaluation
- Works within an agile software engineering methodology and collaborative team development architecture
- 4+ years of building distributed systems
- MS in computer science or related field
- Expert knowledge in building machine learning models
- Strong skills in C++ and Java
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop
- Experience leading a software development team or software project
- Ability to communicate and work within a team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.