Director, Network Processing Risk & Audits
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
What is the job about? As part of the Network Processing Operations team, your main charter will be to oversee all Network Processing team audits and assemble and oversee Command Centers for our Business Releases, Domestic VisaNet deployments, Major Incident Responses, and driving major issues which may surface towards resolution. Through this challenging job, you'll gain experience collaborating with various parts of the business to respond to all audit inquiries and assemble Command Centers. Our Network Processing organization has responsibility for authorizing all payments, the clearing and settlement of funds, and dispute resolution – all of which are at the core of the success of Visa.
Who are we looking for? You! We are looking for an individual with an appetite for collaborating across various teams and is resourceful in resolving complex problems. We are seeking someone who excels in critical thinking to assemble appropriate Command Centers, detail oriented to ensure all audit requests are responded to, and is able to prioritize many concurrent tasks and isn’t fearful of making decisions in a complex and critical environment. Above all, you are self-motivated and self-directed to help retain Visa’s impeccable image, and are someone who takes the initiative when there is something to be done.
Why us? Working at Visa is challenging. The problems that we face and solve and the decisions that we make affect the world. Visa is all about helping people around the world reach their Everywhere, the place where their personal, professional and financial goals intersect. As the premier payments technology company, we are proud to boast that our commerce platforms touch the lives of billions, all over the globe. If you have ambition, focus and drive, and are interested in joining a global team focused on changing the way the world pays and is paid, you'll find your everywhere at Visa.
- Responsible for the program management of the semi-annual (April and October) and quarterly (July and January) VisaNet business enhancement releases that include a portfolio of 90 – 110 projects with a budget of over $45M annually. Work in close partnership with the Network Processing PMO, Network Processing Development organizations and Client Release Management (CRM) team to ensure successful release implementation and assume primary responsibility for monitoring events that have the potential to impact our Clients.
- Collect details from Project Managers to assemble and staff appropriately the Command Centers for the above mentioned quarterly Business Releases, and also for our domestic VisaNet processing and major project deployments, and when necessary execute on our Network Processing Major Incident Response Plan (MIRP).
- Oversee and participate in all audits for the Network Processing department, ensuring all documentation requested is submitted timely, and helping ensure the teams strive for zero audit findings.
- Oversee and participate in the annual Risk and Controls exercise for the Network Processing department.
- Assist the System Tables Administration team in generating and distributing user encryption keys.
- Assist the CyberSercurity Champion in tracking security vulnerabilities, findings and exceptions; ensuring the Network Processing development teams remain proactive and to avoid any out of compliance situations.
- Serve as the primary liaison between our application development teams, our technical writers and our Client Release Management teams; driving issues towards resolution and keeping all parties informed along the way.
- Execute thought leadership in terms of best practices for large-scale technology implementations.
- Lead innovation efforts to increase efficiencies and automate manual processes as appropriate.
- Monitor and communicate the overall health of the Business Releases, major deployments, and Major Incident response plan Command Centers.
- Help define and capture development and delivery of metrics (e.g., dashboards, reports) which consolidate all reported issue sources and data.
- Respond to urgent issues at any time, and escalate them as required.
- Oversight of all audits and risk initiatives underway within Network Processing – tracking outstanding requests, reporting on overall status, and working with the various internal and external audit teams with a target to achieve zero audit findings.
- Partner with our Network Processing Director of CyberSecurity, to act as overflow and backup to this role as required.
- Build an extensive network of positive relationships throughout Visa and its technology organizations to be leveraged to accomplish the broad requirements of this position.
- Strong ability to lead, coordinate, and motivate multi-disciplinary teams across organizational boundaries, in a fast-paced, change intensive environment.
- Strong knowledge of project/program management of large scale and complex implementations, their processes and tools, and a keen ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and thought leadership with the ability to quickly comprehend complex problems, draw logical conclusions, make sound decisions, develop solutions, and negotiate and respond accordingly to drive closure of complex challenges.
- Proven history of being a self-starter by proactively identifying problems, determining pragmatic solutions, identifying and obtaining needed resources, and executing with little or no supervision.
- Articulate communicator, demonstrating mastery of both spoken and written English, with the professional confidence and credibility to effectively engage and interact with Senior and Executive management.
- Strong technical background, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across a wide-ranging audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 8+ years of IT experience in large, highly-regulated organizations.
- 10+ years of experience managing multiple large-sized projects concurrently, from start to finish.
- CyberSecurity or Software Development experience is desired.
- Professional experience within financial services, banking, or critical infrastructure organizations.
- Advanced Project/Program Management, Information Technology, or Auditing certifications.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.