Senior Director, Corporate Strategy - Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director will be a member of Visa's Asia Pacific Strategy team, which is responsible for corporate strategy development and coordination, enterprise strategic projects and planning, market research and strategic intelligence. He/she will lead projects or major project workstreams related to Visa Inc.'s corporate strategy, business development, or corporate strategic initiatives. The position will be based in Singapore with some travel expected.
- Lead projects or major project workstreams related to Visa Inc.’s corporate strategy, business development, or corporate initiatives
- Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues. Build out unique, creative and impactful solutions by integrating insights across Visa’s many expert functional resources and supporting collaborative solution development.
- Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations
- Work closely with cross-functional and regional management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight and analytical support
- Develop clear and concise executive level communications. Communicate recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional staff and management in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Provide continuous coaching and training to strategy teams
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience
- Typically requires 15+ years total experience
- Significant experience in a top-tier management consulting firm or in an internal corporate strategy role at an MNC preferred
- Experience in and / or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple work-streams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated financial modeling
- Experience working with economic theories, strategic and prioritization frameworks, scenarios analysis, and competitive assessments. Knowledge of payment industry revenue drivers a plus.
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with functional and regional leaders within Visa
- Commitment to continuous training and improvement of employees throughout the corporate strategy function
- Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities