- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position is for an in-house marketing attorney who will report to the Vice President for Brand Marketing Sponsorship Legal supporting the Visa Marketing & Communications team and will be primarily responsible for providing advice on marketing, sponsorships, advertising, offers, and promotions, with an emphasis on drafting and negotiating marketing-related agreements, and reviewing marketing communications, press releases, consumer and B2B advertising, promotions & offers, contests & sweepstakes, and marketing/client presentations. The candidate should have a working knowledge of applicable legal and regulatory concerns, including marketing and promotions law, privacy, contracts, and licensing. An ideal candidate will also have in-house experience partnering with marketing teams, external agencies, and reviewing marketing executions on the fly to meet event deadlines. This position requires a business savvy team player who can work with minimal supervision in a fast-moving environment.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
- At least 8 years of relevant legal experience
- Current member in good standing of the California Bar
- Prior in-house experience strongly preferred
- Must possess exceptional analytical ability and advocacy skills; drive execution in a team environment; and the ability to integrate legal advice and business knowledge, while providing balanced advice regarding risks and benefits
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in all interactions with marketing clients, senior management, external counsel, corporate departments and all levels of employees
- Developed business acumen, with ability to understand the company's business interests and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings
- Practical and proactive problem-solver with a strong business acumen; must be confident, mature and calm under fire
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.