Director Insight Delivery - Global Business Optimization - Visa Direct
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Visa products and services globally, CS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including: Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, CyberSource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences. By coupling in-depth analysis of cardholder behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
As part of the Client Services organization, this role will take ownership of this vision and deliver with excellence for our organization and our clients. The role will be focused on supporting optimization support for the Visa Direct product line. The successful candidate will use strong big data and analytical skills, contextual business sense and a creative flair to solve real world business challenges for our Visa Direct clients specifically focused on large global originators. In addition, your analytic expertise will directly impact the strategic direction of the organization and how we deliver value from our data assets.
This role helps to set the strategy on how we measure client performance and delivers findings from those analyses to external and internal stakeholders. Prior to leading an analysis, this role will evaluate the necessary datasets and tools and craft a strategy to execute on analytical asks in an efficient, effective and client-focused manner.
Specific activities may include:
- Deliver analytic insights to external Visa clients, colleagues in the analytics team, and other internal stakeholders
- Combine and analyze disparate data sources and deriving insight in a Big Data environment, utilizing cutting edge big data and visualization tools with a high aptitude of technical skills blended with business acumen
- Identify macro business trends which guide areas of future analysis to the mutual benefit of Visa and our clients
- Serve as an advisor to the organization, helping to bolster analytic capabilities and delivery effectiveness
- Understanding the root problem, define objectives and formalizing data requirements for various analyses
- Execute on the overall delivery strategy for the organization, spearheading client engagements and delivering highly impactful presentations of complex data and insights
- Comparing client performance against industry best practices with a shrewd eye toward identifying performance and/or profitability improvement opportunity
- Develop and deliver presentations of complex data and content for clients in an accurate, understandable, and engaging manner. Coach others on these skills providing feedback for growth from a technical, business and delivery perspective
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience working in data analysis and/or insight delivery
- A 4 year college degree in a quantitative field; advanced quantitative or business degree is a plus
- High level of expertise and proficiency manipulating data in the range of millions and billions from a variety of sources - Big data skills (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) and/or SQL skills are required.
- Expertise visualizing and delivering data insights with tools like Tableau; advanced Tableau skills are a highly desirable
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be proficient in all MS Office applications with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry is a plus
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.There will be times where you will need to be able to join calls with other time zones which may require working outside of typical office hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10-20% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Role to be based in our Foster City, CA office.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.