Staff SW Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Payments are a very exciting and fast-developing area with a lot of new and innovative ideas coming to market. With strong demand for new solutions in this space, it promises to be an exciting area of innovation for the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is a strong leader in the payment industry, and is rapidly transitioning into a technology company with significant investments in this area. If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast and make big impacts, VISA Risk and Authentication group is an ideal place for you!
The Risk development group is responsible for building critical risk and fraud prevention applications and services at VISA. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be one of the leaders of the RISK development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be designing brand-new software solutions, and at other times you may be refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our customers. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and extensive knowledge of Java, J2EE and Database technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in leading hands-on software engineering activities including POCs, architecture, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. You will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring junior team members.
- 8+ years of post-baccalaureate progressive experience in a computer-related occupation
- Experience solving complex software development and design issues
- Experience writing clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
- Knowledge of analysis, design, coding, testing and documentation
- Experience in technical and business issues and solutions including ability to support organizational plans
- Experience with XML, JSON and SOAP
- Experience with Dockers, Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL, JSP, Clear Case, Shell, Agile, Ant, and Web Services.
• Familiarity with Source Control systems
• Experience with Agile methodologies or SCRUM
• Excellent written and communication skills
The ideal candidate for this job is expected to have the following qualities
- Leadership: Ability to lead solutions and work with teams to achieve excellence
- Curiosity: A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why things are done a certain way
- Creativity: The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas
- Enthusiasm: A passion to understand customers and deliver better products and services to them
- Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
- Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
- Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well and stay self-motivated
- Academics: Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field with strong fundamentals
About Risk & Authentication
The Risk and Authentication domain group is responsible for the design, development, and testing of applications that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.