Staff SW Engineer - REF17818C
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is for a software engineer who will join Visa’s Application Operation Products team responsible for developing complex solutions & design, implement, maintain enterprise software for key applications used by Visa’s Operations & Infrastructure team.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Application Operation product development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and solid expertise with systems integration and technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Understand E2E implementation and architecture of products/apps in production to optimize and ensure efficiency
- Working closely with development, engineering and operation teams, jointly develop key deliverables ensuring production scalability and stability
- Able to help and Guide L1 support engineers to fix day-to-day Operational issues
- Perform Tuning and Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Evaluate and introduce technology tools and processes that enable Visa to develop products and solutions, to embrace business opportunities and/or improve operational efficiency
- Work directly with project development teams to enable successful project implementation
- Work with Architecture and Development teams to understand usage patterns and work load requirements of new projects in order to ensure the application platform can effectively meet performance requirements and service levels of applications
- Develop and enhance platform best practices and educate other developers on best practices
- Masters in computer Science with 2 years of experience or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with 5 years of experience
- Working knowledge of IT management protocols such as ICMP, SNMP, WMI, syslog-ng, SSH, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with writing scripts in Python/Perl/Ruby/Bash/PowerShell.
- Experience with REST, SOAP, JSON and XML is helpful.
- Good working knowledge with Databases (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL etc.)
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Experience with enterprise tools like
- Process or workflow automation software (e.g. Resolve / HPOO / BAO / Activiti etc.)
- Event Management Solutions e.g. IBM Netcool
- Log management tools e.g. Splunk, ELK (Elastic Search, LogStash, Kibana)
Good to have/ plus
- ITSM Process experience (e.g. Change Management, Incident Management etc.)
- Working experience with ITSM Tools (e.g. Service Now, BMC Remedy etc.)
- Previous use of GIT or Subversion for code management and versioning.
- Development of RESTful APIs, a huge plus.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts, IP routing, access-lists, layer 2 switching
- Linux familiarity and experience working in a shell environment.
- Familiarity with Network, Systems and Infrastructure Management concepts, for example FCAPS model is good to have.
Expected General Soft Skills
An ability to engage on technical issues and concepts across multiple organization levels inside and outside Visa.
Able to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate and manage diverse groups and functions organized within different organizational reporting lines
Ability to lead and self-manage projects and tasks.
Ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills.
Organized and be able to prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
Make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
Demonstrable teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration and resolve conflicts
ITIL and project management certification a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.