Sr. Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is currently seeking for a Senior Hadoop with Tableaudeveloper experience in Finance area to deliver Corporate Analytics new strategicframework initiative. This BI platform provides analytical/operationalcapability to various business domains that are to be used by Corporate FinanceSystems. This Developer role will be primarily responsible for designing,developing and implementing Hadoop framework ETL using relational databases anduse Tableau reporting on it. The new Hadoop framework to be used to build fromthe scratch Oracle Financial analytics/P2P/Spend/Fixed asset solution intoHadoop framework from OBIA. The individual should have a finance business backgroundwith extensive experience in OBIA Fixed Assets, P2P, Financial analytics, SpendAnalytics, and Projects. Expert in Hadoop framework components like Sqoop,Hive, Impala, Oozie, Spark, HBase, HDFS..
· Architect, Design and implement column familyschemas of Hive and HBase within HDFS. Assign schemas and create Hive tables.Managing and deploying HDFS HBase clusters.
· Develop efficient pig and hive scripts withjoins on datasets using various techniques. Assess the quality of datasets fora hadoop data lake. Apply different HDFS formats and structure like Parquet,Avro, etc. to speed up analytics
· Fine tune hadoop applications for highperformance and throughput. Troubleshoot and debug any hadoop ecosystem runtime issues
· Hands on experience in configuring, and usingHadoop ecosystem components like Hadoop MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Spark,Impala, Pig, Oozie, Zookeeper and Flume.
· Desired candidate should have strong programmingskills on Scala or Python to work on Spark
· Experience in converting core ETL logics usingPySpark SQL or Scala language
· Good experience on Apache Hadoop Map Reduceprogramming, PIG Scripting and Distribute Application and HDFS.
· In-depth understanding of Data Structure andAlgorithms.
· Experience in managing and reviewing Hadoop logfiles.
· Implemented in setting up standards andprocesses for Hadoop based application design and implementation.
· Experience in importing and exporting data usingSqoop from HDFS to Relational Database Systems and vice-versa.
· Experience in Object Oriented Analysis, Design(OOAD) and development of software using UML Methodology, good knowledge ofJ2EE design patterns and Core Java design patterns.
· Experience in managing Hadoop clusters usingCloudera Manager tool.
· Very good experience in complete project lifecycle (design, development, testing and implementation) of Client Server andWeb applications
· Experience in connecting Hadoop framework componentsto Tableau reporting
· Expert in Tableau data blending and data modeling.
· Create Functional and Technical designdocumentation
· Perform Unit and QA testing data loads and developmentof scripts for data validation
· Support QA, UAT, SIT and performance testingphases of development cycle
· Understand and incorporate required securityframework, including data level security
· Understanding of data and business processes.
· Experience in Finance OBIA modules and rebuildthem from scratch in Hadoop framework
· Support, design and configuration of Tableausites, projects and corresponding security, ETL processes, dashboards andreports.
· Liaise with internal business and IT groups(such as database administration, infrastructure support, development) inperforming support activities, system configuration and standard functionalityanalysis for enhancement requests.
· Adhere to defined support policies, procedures,and service levels with an understanding of SOX related IT controls.
· Provide support to strategic initiatives asassigned including, but not limited to system configuration, testing ofapplications and process enhancements, upgrades and new solutions, ensuringsound knowledge transfer to assume post-implementation support role.
· Expected to critically evaluate customer servicerequests and incidents to prioritize own workload, determine potential globaland/or cross-modular impacts, determine temporary procedural work-around wherefeasible, and communicate to the broader group of impacted parties.
· Conduct one-on-one user training or formalized,pre-developed larger group training sessions as assigned.
· Proactively identify, evaluate, and communicateideas for process improvements and training needs both for applications usageby customers as well as for internal processes and skills enhancement.
· Work with L3 teams (SME) on the criticalrequests and resolve it to closure.
· Responsible for global Customer Service,including end-user support and education and issue troubleshooting andresolution for all users of the Corporate Finance Analytics Production systems.
· Mentoring the junior team members.
Must have experiences:
· BS or equivalent in MIS, CS, or related field
· Minimum 5-7 years’ experience with Hadoop framework components (HDFS, HBase, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, Spark, Scala, Python, Oozie)
· Experience in Tableau reporting tool with Hadoop
· Experience in ETL tools like Informatica or likewise
· Finance OBIA modules experience is highly recommended: Fixed assets, PSP, Spend analytics, Financial analytics
· Strong knowledge of database concepts, systems architecture, and data structures is a must
· Extensive experience with Oracle databases and SQL development
· Extensive hands-on experience with Linux and Windows
· Process oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Work independently and mentor other sin the team and with minimal supervision
· Experience with building analytical reports using Tableau required
· Solid understanding of ITIL methodology.
· Java scripting experience is nice to have
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind –
making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone
everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the
entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart
of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a
pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is
capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and
businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of
cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners
around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global
economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup,
celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have
a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa
offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is
fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on
delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over
the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories
in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco