Director, Client Services
- Panama City, Panama
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Services (CS) provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Visa products and services globally, CS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including: Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, CyberSource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
- Oversees overall operational relationship and support delivery for LAC Clients (Global Signature, Visa Signature and/or Regional Signature Clients, as well as third party processors); coordinating implementation and escalation efforts with other Visa teams in order to ensure all inquires and operational issues are properly addressed.
- Work closely with Account Management, Project Implementation and Sales teams to understand goals and be able to support organizational objectives.
- Maintain relationship with internal and external Clients to understand local market needs and trends, and gain insight on the need to enhance support approach.
- Stay abreast of new rules, products and services, and industry and technology trends to be able to support Visa strategic goals and Client initiatives.
- Participate with other Visa region’s counterparts in strategic meetings to discuss overall Client global concerns and issues related to the day to day support of their operations.
- Advocate on behalf of all LAC clients to internal stakeholder organizations including CSS, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal.
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures and staff are in place to successfully support LAC Clients and Visa initiatives, while establishing and fostering relationships with Clients through daily support.
- Establishes and fosters relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management.
- Fully understands the payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers (digital products and services).
- Requires expert knowledge of all supported product and services and how these impact clients’ business.
- Coordinate with other Visa teams to expedite the resolution and implementation of solutions to ensure that all Visa products and services operate at the highest level of performance.
- Ability to manage and lead independently with little supervision of daily activities
- A proven track record for making sound business decisions, setting direction and managing both short and long-term goals, achieving high quality operational results and customer commitment
- Proficient in performing analysis and drawing conclusions from written or computer
- generated material and from observed trends
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Formulates short and long-term plans and can change both as the industry or environment changes
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a proven ability to build and maintain highly satisfied customer relationships.
- Clearly expresses ideas using sound data through the highly proficient use of desktop tools
- Self-starter with organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor in all dealings.
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience
- 12 years progressively responsible experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services is required
- 8 years of experience and Master’s degree
- 5 years of experience and PhD
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing customers and staff at all levels.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans.
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills.
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical issues and apply to business solutions.
- Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrate success in customer relationship management.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language.
- Regional market knowledge and functional experience in bankcard operations, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Experience managing a team responsible for account relationships and support
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.