Sr. Staff SW Engineer (Lead) - .net
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building highly functional, available and performance applications. You will be one of the leaders of the Platform Development engineering team focusing on design and build of software solutions to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be designing brand-new software solutions, and at other times you may be refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our customers. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and extensive API development experience. The candidate will be extensively involved in leading hands-on software engineering activities including POCs, architecture, design, documentation, development and testing of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team’s needs. You will also help mentor and guide junior team members.
- Works with Solution or Enterprise Architecture to translate architecture into a delivered solution that realizes the vision and purpose.
- Effectively translates functional and non-functional requirements into an engineered solution.
- Consistently applies sound engineering practices leading to improved business outcomes.
- Proficient at understanding and analyzing the architecture of an existing solution.
- Comfortable extending an existing solution, or conceiving a new solution and working with delivery to have the target state architecture realized. Leading a technical team in all of the above.
- Takes ownership and/or leads the engineering responsibility for multiple components in a project. Is able to coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project. Works with engineers to ensure they are delivering quality and efficiently against project requirements.
- Leads and/or supports both product and technical discussions about how to apply existing and/or new technology in support of the business.
- Collaborates with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development and implementation of business solutions.
- Drives development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, and comply with all applicable standards.
- Engages in requirements definition and clarification in collaboration with Business to ensure completeness and common understanding; deep understanding of the business needs is important.
- Provides estimates for effort and time
- Provides necessary solution architecture and design artifacts
- Facilitates design and code reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Reviews and assesses impact of proposed scope changes on assigned deliverables
- Works with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, and deployment automation.
- Presents technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms.
- Effectively communicates status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Expert knowledge and expertise in API design and development
- Subject Matter Expert in a specific skill set, business area or product.
- Complete understanding of Visa’s Leadership principles and values.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, and Chef desirable.
- Experience with Agile and Test Driven Development methodology
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability.
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.