Director, Business Planning & Operations - SMT & Global Clients
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role is a critical role within the Business Planning & Operations (BPO)
Organization. The role will support the Head of Business Planning and Operations in business planning and strategy development, management and control of the strategic project portfolio, provision of business support to markets and GC and enhancing business processes to maximize internal and in-market performance. The project portfolio consists of multiple projects aligned to the vision and strategic pillars of the business.
This role requires a strong commercial, financial and strategic mindset to ensure its successful delivery, and involves working closely with the Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Global Client (SMT/GC) Client Relationship Managers, Strategy, Finance, Product, Merchant Sales & Acceptance and subject matter experts across the organization.
- Support Head of Business Planning and Operation to manage and drive key SMT/GC strategic projects, which typically require cross-functional collaboration (e.g. response to local regulations, new market initiatives, pricing, winning key deals etc.) from initiation to execution, ensuring alignment with organization and market priorities, and compliance with Visa product delivery requirements
- Contribute to the creation and review of market acceleration strategies and digital roadmaps with close collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Maintain project register, dashboards and ensure project status reporting is timely and accurate
- Analyze portfolio performance and recommend changes to achieve goals as necessary
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and decision support as necessary
- Travel within SMT to support projects as and when required
Planning / Operational
- Elevate QBR outputs; data points and materials for clients
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to enhance, generate and maintain regular SMT dashboards and external macro insights, provide support in preparation of presentation materials for monthly business review, management/ leadership meetings
- Oversee the annual goal setting process ensuring that market goals are aligned with SMT/GC strategy
- Continue to review, enhance business process to drive greater efficiency in-market and share best practices within SMT/GC markets
- Manage multi-year planning across SMT
- Collaborate with Finance Business Partner and markets to drive quarterly forecasting and annual operating plan.
- Degree in Business Management / Business Administration/ Accountancy with a minimum of 10-15 years of progressive experience
- Demonstrated ability in business strategy and planning, driving projects across functions or equivalent
- Demonstrated strong financial and business acumen, analytical skills with a keen and strategic mind
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Entrepreneurial skill and ability to multi-task with time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to influence and internal negotiation skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook. Knowledge in Enterprise Analytics and Mobility tools, such as Micro-Strategy, Tableu, will be an advantage.
- Experience in a global business environment preferred