Fraud Operations Analyst
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Position Summary – Make a Difference. Join Visa’s newly formed, cutting edge Risk Operations Center (ROC). The ROC is a critical priority of executive leadership and focuses on the fast identification and mitigation of high impact fraud attempts in the global payment ecosystem. This team will operate 24/7 working 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, shifts. The schedule will be 4 days on, 4 days off (10 hour shifts).
The Risk Operations Analyst is a high visibility and demanding role, responsible for the detection and disruption of fraud events identified by the Risk Operations Center- a key component of Global Risk's Payment Fraud Disruption organization. This position is responsible for identification and mitigation of any payments based attack affecting Visa’s clients or brand. Payment Fraud Disruption is a fast-paced team of technology experts who identify, investigate, disrupt, and prevent attacks targeting the global payment ecosystem. This position will be responsible for all aspects of monitoring, alert development, incident review, escalation, and documentation of alerts. This position reports to the Senior Director of the Risk Operations Center.
Note: This position requires shift work.
· Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action
· Perform analytics of complex data models to evaluate legitimacy of transactional logs
· The ability to support early identification of common points of purchase through intelligence and compromised payment card reporting, rapid response, triage and analysis of technical forensic investigation reports and ability to conduct cyber analysis of investigation reports.
· Analyze compromised payment card data from multiple reporting sources in order to identify compromised points of purchase
· Detail oriented problem solver - monitor and respond to a wide variety of proprietary Visa solutions used to identify potential fraud and risk based activity that may impact Visa and our clients
· Ensure incidents are escalated to the proper support teams for validation and mitigation based on the identification of possible threats
· Coordinate incident handling with regional Risk groups and take decisive action on events, alerts etc.
· Accurately assess impact of critical/major incidents
· Identify compromised merchants through varying forms of cyber intelligence and
· Server as a first responder for all of Visa fraud alerting platforms
· Capture key metrics for the Risk Operations Center to ensure goals related to these metrics are met.
· Create detailed reports on internal incident response measures of success
· Collaborate with the Visa teams and clients during fraud events to provide real time status and decision making
· Self-driven individual who can multitask and complete varying risk projects
· Collaborate with Payment Systems Intelligence to recognize and implement measures to identify and disrupt current fraud and cybercrime threats to the payments ecosystem and communicate them to relevant stakeholders
· Provide technical analysis support to the Global Risk organization to protect the payment ecosystem
· Identify opportunities for process improvements, system enhancements, and procedural changes
· Minimum 5 years of experience in payment fraud or cybersecurity e.g. cybercrime fraud and/or ethical hacking
· Flexibility to work in shifts, during weekends (including holidays), and extended hours as needed
· Proven experience collaborating in a team within a 24x7 Operations Center
· Passion for fraud schemes and cybercrime investigations
· Knowledge of transactions, systems processing transactions, and overall transaction process
· Understanding of networks, risk management, network security, and security operations
· Prior experience with data analytics, visualization tools and concepts
· Understanding of payments process, cybercrime, and fraud techniques
· Design reports with meaningful trends and fraud stats
· Undergraduate degree or commensurate experience required, graduate degree preferred
· Strong understanding of common TCP\IP protocols such as DNS, HTTP(S), FTP, etc.
· Familiarity with Data Loss Prevention and Anti-Virus technologies
· Strong understanding of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures, and their associated exploitation methodologies.
· Direct experience with VisaNet, ISO 8583, transaction routing, VCMS, Base I and Base II platforms
· Familiarity with intelligence databases and analytical tools or similar intelligence reporting systems
· Analysis of cyber threat intelligence and fraud intelligence
· CISSP, CHFI, CEH, GIAC certifications
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.