Senior Sourcing Analyst
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Global Procurement
Visa’s Global Procurement organization is part of Global Finance and manages the end to end sourcing and procurement of goods and services. The team is responsible for partnering with business to lead all strategic sourcing activities globally to ensure optimal selection of suppliers that deliver best value in price and quality while minimizing risk to Visa. The team also provides support to the business with risk management, supplier contracting and operations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies and procedures. The team plays an essential role in delivering cost savings and providing the most efficient path for procuring goods and services.
The Senior Sourcing Analyst for Japan is an individual contributor role based in Tokyo, holding primary responsibilities of all Supplier engagement activities in the North Asia Cluster, which includes Japan (Primary market) and Korea (Secondary market). Responsible for partnering with local, regional and global business, and category leads, to establish a pro-active and agreed supply chain solutions to deliver increased value, go-to-market efficiency and reduced risk to meet business strategy. The role requires interaction with different internal and functional teams across different countries and time zones, outside of conventional working hours.
Key Results Areas / Responsibilities
Works in collaboration with various business units (global, category and regional sourcing, business managers, financial planning, controllership, operations, legal, compliance and risk teams) to analyze and interpret data (spend, budget, supplier mix) to identify and develop regional and category pipeline opportunities, agree activities and savings targets with budget holders and finance managers. Delivers, tracks and reports on an ongoing basis, and in addition, the role is responsible for ensuring optimum supplier performance against agreed deliverables
- Builds relationships with business partners, preparing a proactive project pipeline for regional wide and category specific initiatives by performing routine to moderately complex market, benchmark and spend analysis.
- Develops regional, category and commercial models including SLA negotiation and implements solutions into the operational environment, ensuring that Visa enhances its value on activities across all business areas through supplier consolidation efforts.
- Establishes ongoing contract and supplier relationship programmes to track and measure performance, identify improvement areas, and provide 360 visibility over contract term.
- Consults with designated business unit to understand procurement risk, defines project objectives, initiates and tracks due diligence on designated online tools. Evaluates services, delivery, execution methods and other necessary details, engaging with relevant risk stakeholders through the contracting process to minimise Visa’s risk exposure.
- Lead, facilitates and project manages local, regional, global preferred supplier selection, drafting and issuing RFx, including contract negotiations. Engages legal and other business units as necessary to achieve favourable terms on quality, delivery, service levels and price.
- Understands and addresses the challenges of international procurement such as regulatory practices/government requirements, cross-cultural business practices, economic and political risk factors, language and communication. Evaluates and minimize risks associated with global transactions such as currency exchange rate fluctuations, duties, taxes, payment terms, lead time and country-specific market dynamics.
- Serves as local expert to provide day to day management and accuracy of contracts repository, efficiency of P2P workflow and processes, and timely risk due diligence. Works in collaboration with operations, tracking purchase requests whilst verifying compliance with relevant policies.
- Identifies future opportunities. Creates, implements and recommends continuous improvements or standards to simplify processes whilst minimizing risk.
- Meets and exceeds targeted key performance indicators (savings budget, contract quality, process improvements including P2P efficiency, etc).
- Ability to develop and align sourcing strategies to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Ability to develop new concepts to enhance the end to end sourcing process for the business (improved end-user experience).
- Proficient in facilitating sourcing process training seminars with key suppliers and business stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organization skills and business judgment, including the ability to prioritise multiple tasks/projects and anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives.
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to drive consensus in cross regional and cross functional teams, as subject matter expert.
- Excellent analytical, financial modelling and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business trade-offs, generate out-of-the-box solutions, challenge the status quo, understand industry trends, best practice and manage change/uncertainty.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel Advanced, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Strong proficiency in purchasing systems and organizational interfaces (including, Ariba, Oracle and Risk management tools).
- Candidate must take a business solutions approach, be seen as a business partner, self-motivated, and a strong team player, able to lead matrix teams.
- Previous procurement experience managing complex relationships, including international agreements and outsourcing highly preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and approach to problem solving.
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience, typically requires greater than 08 years of progressively responsible Procurement/Purchasing experience within a fast-paced environment, spanning the areas of strategic sourcing, category management, commercial management, contract management or procurement management.
- Fluent in Japanese language, with strong competency to conduct business and commercial negotiations
- Korean language proficiency will be an added bonus.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations and drafting required.
- Knowledge of marketing agency management and sales is an advantage.
- Proven ability to execute independently and operate successfully within a matrix/team structure.
- Ability to interact effectively with external partners including suppliers and clients
- Solid experience developing project pipelines and negotiating commercial terms