Vice President, End User Support- Corporate IT
- San Francisco/Foster City, CA, us
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Corporate IT group has embarked on a major transformational journey. We will not follow the 'traditional' IT playbook of simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged (and loved) platforms with a heavy emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are unbreakable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI or scale.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Information Technology, the Vice President of End User Support will be responsible for providing support for the systems, services and tools leveraged by Visa Inc’s employees. The successful candidate will be a technically versed resource with excellent customer service skills. The candidate will be required to lead a globally diverse set of resources and act as the main point of contact for technical issues impacting our global teams.
The Vice President of Support, is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of Visa Inc's support team. This includes managing all end user issues while maintaining exceptional end user customer experience. The successful candidate will need to be able to provide hands on support for our technologies, as well as being able to effectively manage a global follow the sun team providing 24x7 support. The candidate will leverage their years of hands-on technical and managerial experience with various applications, workstations, video, voice and mobile platforms to ensure fast resolution of incidents and requests, minimal end user disruption and downtime, root cause analysis, and service improvements. Additionally, the candidate will draw on project management and IT service management skills to maximize collaboration and productivity of their staff, as well as providing effective support for client and customer events around the globe. Candidate must have a high sense of ownership, a low ego, a can-do attitude and a sense of curiosity that is reflected in growing his\her skills on a continual basis.
This position may be located in San Francisco\Foster City, CA or Austin, TX.
- Own and manage the Help Desk systems and teams globally
- Provide white glove support to all employees
- Manage daily support of various end user platforms (PCs, Macs, Mobile, Voice and Video, Network, Applications).
- Perform root cause analysis to eliminate repeat issues in collaboration with end user operations
- Support service improvement efforts to reduce incidents, enhance existing support, and improve end user experience.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, policies, SLAs, end-user training, technical and end user knowledge base.
- Ensure support coverage for employees when they travel to internal and external locations
- Participate with various stakeholders in maximizing the operational effectiveness of the End User experience, while ensuring service improvements are done to minimize repeat issues
- Participate in budget planning process relative to the specific needs of this user base
- Support an effective scheduling process to ensure appropriate coverage for executive travel\corporate events
- 12 years of work experience with a BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Science or Math, or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years previous experience managing globally diverse support teams for a globally diverse Fortune 500 organization
- 10+ years of experience and very strong understanding of the user workstation environment
- 10+ years of experience with multi-OS platforms (Windows, OSX, Mobile)
- 10+ years of experience with workstation hardware and peripherals
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components (LAN\WAN\Wi-Fi)
- Extensive background in supporting and managing effective voice\video solutions
- Prior experience in Microsoft and Cisco technologies
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally
- Good understanding of process orientation, understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Candidate must have demonstrated and be prepared to exhibit initiative and ownership of project success
- Ability to set goals and objectives, prioritize, and manage situations to satisfactory completion
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- ITIL, Six Sigma or Agile development experience desired
- Incumbent must make themselves available to speak with partners in various international time zones
- Position can be based in San Francisco, Foster City or Austin- travel requirements will vary depending on where the incumbent is based.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.