Sr. Software Engineer - Open Revenue Systems
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our Operational functions into a single area focused on providing world-class operational support to our End users. Visa's Open Revenue Systems team is looking for curious, creative, and technology experts to join our growing team. We focus on delivering and supporting integrated platforms that enables Visa's Invoicing and Operation Certificate applications, which are used by Visa business partners to service Visa clients globally. We also develop analytics and reporting by using revenue data.
The successful candidate is expected to be expert in design and development of technical solutions utilizing the full stack development within the Specialized Systems' DevOps team in Bangalore (India) office. The selected candidate will be fully responsible for both service delivery and operational excellence of services built on Java/J2EE technologies.
- Responsible for analysis, design, development, unit testing and support of Java EE applications and Open Source Front-End web application frameworks to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the business functions.
- Understanding of Data Structure and Algorithms.
- Experience in complete project life cycle (design, development, testing and implementation) of Client Server and Web applications
- Create Functional and Technical design documentation
- Understand and incorporate required security framework, including data level security
- Liaise with internal business and technology groups (such as database administration, infrastructure support, development) in performing support activities, system configuration and standard functionality analysis for enhancement requests.
- Adhere to defined support policies, procedures,and service levels with an understanding of SOX related IT controls.
- Work in an agile project environment and follow agile methodologies with quick turnaround times.
- Mentoring the junior team members on technology.
Must have experiences:
- 5+ years of strong experience in Java EE technologies and Open Source Front-End web application frameworks including Spring Boot, MVC, Hibernate, AngularJS 1.x/2, CSS3, HTML5, and Web Services (REST)
- Strong experience evaluating business requirements and translating them into technical designs documents
- Strong experience in Design Patterns, and data modelling
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Database systems, including PL/SQL, MongoDB and MySQL
- Experience with build automation tools including Maven/Gradle/Jenkins/Grunt
- Exposure and good knowledge on web application security will be an added advantage
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies, including knowledge of Agile model and DevOps working model
- Highly self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written communication, oral communication, inter-personnel skills with attention to details
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive timelines
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or equivalent
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind –
making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone
everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the
entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart
of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a
pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is
capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and
businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of
cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners
around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global
economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup,
celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have
a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa
offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is
fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on
delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over
the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories
in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco