Director, Global Security
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role works closely with Global Security and Safety team, and oversees all internal corporate security and safety programs and services for Visa Inc. organization, affiliates and subsidiaries of the region
• Support Senior Director (AP) to ensure that the Corporate Security and Safety strategy, policies, processes, standards and controls are implemented in the region.
• Conduct security risk assessment on Visa Inc. organization, affiliates and subsidiaries, document findings and follow up with appropriate management to ensure mitigation and compliance with Visa Inc. policies, processes, standards and controls.
• Coordinates and implements site security, operations and activities to ensure protection of VISA employees, customers, physical assets and visitors.
• Partners closely with VISA business leaders and units to better understand their work and proactively strategize the operations, preparations and local partnerships needed to meet critical business needs.
• Collects, evaluates and applies threat information in order to assess threats to VISA in AP, validate security measures and develop mitigation strategies.
• Detecting and responding to security and/or emergency incidents.
• Liaising with national and regional external agencies on security issues
• Conducting investigations and providing timely, detailed reporting and remediation.
• Developing and delivering security awareness programs for staff in the region
• Planning and delivering regional security programs and activities to protect employees, data and physical assets across the region
• Investigate, analyze and manage security and emergency incidents. To provide leadership in Security and Safety in Crisis Management for local Office Response Team and/or Asia Pacific Incident Management Team.
• Support Visa Inc. organizations’, affiliates’ and subsidiaries’ large scale and senior executive’s events with regards to security and safety of Visa staff, guests and assets.
• Support employees under Visa Travel Security Program during business travel in the region
• Promote Visa Health & Safety program across region to ensure a safe workplace environment
• Minimum Bachelor's degree
• Security experience within both the private and public sector – preferably finance, media and technology sectors
• Requires 12 years of relevant experience years
• Preferably professional certification (CPP or similar)
• Ability to quickly gain top-level understanding and to interact with various subject matter experts and top level management.
• Confidence to effectively communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner within all levels of an organization, including briefing at executive level.
• Knowledge of process or project management, particularly with respect to data center operations, real estate, and budget planning.
• Strong interpersonal skill, tenacity and proven ability to drive results in a complex, multicultural environment and at different hierarchical levels.
• Multi-site and multi country experience
• Demonstrate analytical skills and use of data to inform operational priorities
• Able to function independently, at pace, under pressure and perform multiple security duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
• Expertise in developing and delivering security and safety training and awareness programs related to travel and emergency response.
• Develops and maintains relationships with senior-level law enforcement and international security counterparts to include in-country security and international security agencies, intelligence and private sector counterparts worldwide.
• Limits exposure and liability in all areas of physical, personal and reputational risk.
• Familiar with budget planning and manpower sizing in the Operations.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and conceptual skills.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.