Visa Discovery Program Traineeship (Undergrad) - China, Merchant Sales & Acquiring
- Shanghai, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Internship Period: June 2019 to December 2019
Work Frequency: minimum 3 days per week
One of the key China Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) strategic pillars is to build acceptance infrastructure, grow sizable merchant base so that to lay a good foundation for China Market opening.
Visa has signed partnership agreements with several Shanghai based clients and in progress of onboarding new clients as well as exploring opportunities with existing clients for supporting the overall China acceptance strategy.
The MS&A Acquiring team intern role is to provide operational support to Acquiring managers on program execution, follow up with acquirers/ISOs to track the program performance and ensure the final delivery, in addition to that to help on collecting market intelligence
The role is to support Acquiring Managers on:
- Coordinating clients/ISO vendors to analyze/track program performance
- Work with internal related functions for data collection/validation
- Merchant quality check and onsite investigation
- Collect and manage market intelligence
In addition to own team, the role may need to have contacts with:
- Acquirers HQ/Key branches
- ISO partners
- Other functions, e.g Operations, CSS, Risk, etc.
- An undergraduate student in your 2nd or 3rd year of academic program
- Fluent Chinese (mandarin) and English in both oral and writing
- MS Office proficiency (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good analytical and research ability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and quick to pick up new knowledge
- Knowledge of finance or management a plus, Statistics or MIS major preferred