Senior Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Digital and Mobile Products organization is building a new generation of applications to facilitate commerce in everyone's new digital lives. Our focus is to build profoundly simple apps that embed into our customers' everyday lives.
The role is a self-organized Android Software Engineer with solid mobile development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Bangalore, India.
- Knowledge of Android Java, network architecture and MVC design pattern.
- Passion for user experience and knowledge of Android Application Patterns as per the Android Development Guidelines (required).
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform. (Required).
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, source control (GIT, SVN etc) and peer code-reviews (required).
- Knowledge Android platform and OWASP security practices.
- Experience with Android development tools (Android Studio, Gradle build etc).
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
- Very good understanding in all phases of SDLC, security requirements, multi-tier application development with hardware interaction, deep understanding of network protocols and blue tooth technology, test driven development, SDK development - maintenance and support.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills, excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that require multitasking among concurrent projects.
- Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with web service development, DBMS, UNIX shell scripts, PHP, SQL is a plus.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on mobile excellence and practice.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives.
- Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop next generation mobile payment applications; write solid code following best development practices.
- Contribute to design and implementation of key features.
- Work as a part of scrum team executing the products requirements working with UX, product management and other teams in an agile manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise for Android platform.
- Develop mobile framework and UI based on best practices.
- Execute POCs for visionary initiatives.
- Work independently and provide guidance to junior developers.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 6 years of experience in Android application development (required).
Masters degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Android application development (required).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.