DB2 Database Administrator - Level 3
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a DB2 Database Administrator, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Database team is part of Infrastructure’s Distributed Systems Division and is responsible for delivering open system database infrastructures with operational excellence, being the industry leader in preventive and predictive operations driven by continuous innovation through selfheal and automated ecosystems, architecting, engineering, and building the reliable, scalable, secure, available, and cost-effective database infrastructure solutions for product development partners; working closely with them to use database products to best effect, meeting various workload requirements, being transactional, analytical, non-relational, or data warehouse.
The wider DBA team is the technology owner of multiple RDBMS and NoSQL technologies, is responsible to strategize, advance, and engineer enterprise solution for automated build/patching and efficient administration, that meet security, availability, performance, fast delivery and reporting requirements, and to support projects and products using these technologies.
As an engineer in this team, the individual will be involved in the build and run activities related to DB2 database technology and infrastructure. The role will contribute to solution engineering and support as well as being responsible for delivering database projects, maintaining running systems and performing problem analysis and troubleshooting. The individual should be well versed in database administration and engineering practices and principles. The individual will share the responsibility of overall database build, deployment and support. He or she will provide technical influence and subject matter expertise for the database team, responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The role serves as a technical/functional specialist and must be able to work both as part of a team and independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Support Database Platform Engineering in the development and deployment of DB2 UDB on LUW and DB2 partitioned databases/ DPF in high SLA environments. This includes, but is not limited to, advanced to expert engineering and implementation of the following:
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain DB2 LUW databases in production and non-production environments, including DR and patching activity.
- Responsible for responding to and analysing high severity calls, working to resolution and providing root cause analysis.
- Planning and implementing proactive measures for reducing the down time for production environment, as well as capacity management activity and reporting.
- Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensuring continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications and participating in on-call rotation.
- Write/maintain OS level scripts for DB automation and application maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated Level 2 and Level 3 issues.
- Work closely with Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLAs and performance targets.
What we’re after…
- Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field, or equivalent experience.
- Production DBA experience on DB2 LUW and partitioned databases/DPF environment. Strong record of troubleshooting database production problems and connectivity issues.
- Sound knowledge of UNIX and DB2 UDB utilities.
- Good UNIX platform skills and a general understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
- Proficiency in understanding and writing SQL procedures, functions and packages for administration and application support and experience with Q replication, Range partitioned tables, Hash partitioned tables, Replicated MQT and MDC.
- Experience of database maintenance without downtime using Q-replication.
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Some knowledge of NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis is beneficial.
- Previous experience in the financial industry preferred.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.