Senior Business Development Leader – Merchant Sales & Acquiring India and South Asia: Strategic Acceptance Initiatives
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Business Group Overview
Acceptance growth is central to the India and South Asia growth story. Hence, deeper partnerships with acquirers, merchants and payment intermediaries is a critical component of Visa’s expand access strategy. Equally so is the ability for Visa to enable better customer experiences and grow business for our partners. Visa facilitates this by providing solutions and platforms that reduce friction in commerce, enhance convenience and ensure higher security in payments.
The Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) team is the global Visa organization entrusted with the responsibility of growing acceptance, deploying our acceptance payment solutions and deepening partnerships. Visa has reinforced its focus on long-term acceptance growth by enhancing market investments and building the right talent and organization to execute.
The Senior Director Strategic Acceptance Initiatives, is responsible for deploying Visa’s acceptance solutions with Visa network participants and partners. This person would also own the management of all strategic initiatives, business planning and analytics. Some of these priorities include the successful deployment and expansion of Visa’s contactless and QR strategies, implementation of Visa’s ecommerce solutions as well as initiatives such as POS or cross-border marketing. The role will also oversee new business development with payment system participants as well as co-branded card partnership programs. The person would also be the main point of contact with internal peer organizations such as Product and financial institution partnership teams, Asia Pacific Hub teams and strategy. This is a senior position and reports to the Vice President / Head of MS&A and CyberSource, India & South Asia.
Key responsibilities and outcomes include:
- Develop and execute on acceptance solution roadmap for the market cluster working closely with Visa product, CyberSource and regional teams
- Work with MS&A account management teams to develop strategic alignment between key client / partner organizations and Visa. Agree on strategic goals and deliver both long-term and short-term outcomes on solutions and initiatives
- Develop and execute long-term strategy for business growth and monitor progress against existing strategies, making changes and corrections periodically
- Manage the pipeline of new business development opportunities including new partnerships, co-branded programs and new product development
- Manage the business planning and performance processes including progress against AOP and MYP and performance management
- Payments expertise with a wide perspective on all elements of payments. The candidate must be able to collaborate and drive outcomes across various elements of payments such as merchant acquiring, processing, technology, payment facilitators & other intermediaries, etc.
- Market understanding of the payments industry and India / South Asia market landscape. Relationships across key players would be valuable. Sound perspective on India and South Asia market government and regulatory environment.
- Industry experience in the payments ecosystem including acquiring banks, payments facilitators, merchant acceptors, payments networks or fintech operators is desirable
- Functional experience in product development, project management and or strategy / consulting is desirable. A stint in new business development would be an additional asset
- Flexibility, cultural adaptability and ability to navigate complexity is required to succeed in a matrixed environment managing varied stakeholders. The role requires the ability to work across cultures and industries
- 15 or more years of relevant experience with a graduate degree or higher education in business or technology. Ability to engage meaningfully with senior partner executives across banks, merchants, payments intermediaries and technology firms
- Ability to travel for business is required.