Senior Software Engineer - Risk and Authentication
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Risk and Authentication domain group is responsible for the design, development, and testing of applications that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
You will start out by learning our systems from the ground up, helping to develop secure solutions to current problems. You will be working on a Live production environment and will get excellent e-Commerce experience that will help you excel your career.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent
- Masters with some or no industry experience or Bachelors with 5+ years of
industry experience, in Computer Science or related field.
- Expertise with J2EE server-side web application framework and REST services.
- Experience with Node development and module bundlers such as Webpack.
- Understanding of UX design techniques and prototyping.
- Experience with RDBMS database design, optimization and performance and/or No-SQL
- Knowledge of Security Principles, Web Standards and Accessibility Best
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience profiling and correcting memory usage and threading issues, and
optimizing code for performance
- Experience with Web services standards and related technologies (XML, XSL, X-Path, JSON, Rest,
Soap, WS*), Web Security, Asp.Net Web security infrastructure
- Familiarity with Git or other Source Control systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies or SCRUM
- Write optimized and quality code. Partner closely with teams to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our customers.
- Work with architecture teams on research & analysis of newer technologies for next generation of Risk and Fraud Systems.
- Participate in and lead meetings and discussions with non-technical teams.
- Find creative solutions to many different types of problems and help our clients achieve their business goals.
- Work closely with Product and Project Management Offices and interface seamlessly by knowing your audience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.