Ops Control Manager - Level 5
- London, UK
Job Title: Ops Control Manager - Level 5
Job Code: REF16789Z
Skill Category: Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Start date: Tuesday 16th April 2019
Closing Date: Tuesday 14th May 2019
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Responsible for managing complex transactions for allocated cluster/functions against defined criteria from inception to closure
- Key point of contact for the business and other supporting functions
- Assess transactions against applicable policies and controls and advise team members and business teams on applicable requirements, in consultation with Controllership, Legal, Compliance, Sourcing etc.
- Develop and support action on remediation plans to address identified issues impacting the controls and processes environment
- Provide consultative services to assist the businesses in supporting business opportunities to achieve a positive outcome for the customer and ensuring compliance to policies and procedures
- Provide commercial advisory to the Business and be seen as a “go to” subject matter expert on policies and procedures
- Represent the voice of the business teams to ensure the needs of the business are represented in developing and delivering effective controls, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring control application and responsible for gathering evidence of control completion
- Manage financial activities (Ariba and Oracle) on behalf of the business
- Manage internal contract signing process and review evidence of delivery and receipting of goods/services
- Maintain documentation for audit and compliance purposes
- Manage escalation and complex cases, giving direction to team members and stakeholders
- Analyse activity data and report on Operational Support process metrics
- Perform root cause analysis and drive corrective action of exceptions identified by key controls stakeholders.
- Perform supplementary controls and activities as directed
- Ensure remediation plans are in place and tracked to completion for issues identified from Self-Assessment process and from Internal Audit results.
- Support the Europe Controls Committee that meets regularly to align on supporting the Business effectively, and review complex &/or high-risk transactions
- Provide support/delegate to Operations Support Managers as required
- Develop metrics reporting and analytics of implemented processes that measure risk and support continuous business improvement activities
- Collaborates with Controllership to develop and maintain procedures and standard processes to assess, report, and remediate operational risk and compliance-related issues; provides regular self-assessment reporting to Group Executives and Country Managers
- Responsible for representing and upholding the Operations Support focus on compliance with Visa policy and control standards, ethos and service to senior business leaders in assigned markets/functions, maintaining a partnership approach as well as independence.
What we're after....
- Significant experience in Finance, Audit or Compliance with a focus on operational controls
- Significant business experience, including supporting senior leadership
- Good problem solving and stakeholder communication skills
- International payments experience is essential
- Customer service orientation with a strong attention to detail
- Organised, methodical approach to managing a varied and high volume of tasks
- Strong ethics, integrity and accountability with ability to maintain independence
- One or more European languages a plus
- Business/Process improvement implementations and Lean Six Sigma exposure/practice
- Degree educated