Staff (ServiceNow) Systems Engineer
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Gather and prioritize customer requirements, and develop and implement products to meet the requirements
- Develop new enhancements and custom apps and deploy to ServiceNow Store.
- Knowledge and experience working with ServiceNow Security features, administering Users, Roles, Groups, ACLs
- Knowledge of CMDB, Business Services Map & Knowledge of ServiceNow UI tools Service Portal, CMS
- Experience working with Jelly scripting, Glide API, Java scripting and working knowledge of various JS frameworks like AngularJS, NodeJS etc.
- Design and develop integrations of other in-house applications with ServiceNow.
- Should have in-depth configuration and development knowledge across all core ServiceNow modules – IM, PM, CM, KM, CMDB, Discovery, Catalog, Portal, SLA, Integration with other systems
- Working knowledge of the APIs, web services and standard relational database concepts required
- Configure the ServiceNow solution to meet identified business requirements, process guides and functional requirements
- Identify requirement gaps to maintain a high degree of quality in the solution build and provide configuration options to meet specific requirements identifying respective pros and cons for each option
- Ensure that ServiceNow standard best practices are utilized for all configurations and customizations
- Provide insight and expertise into the ServiceNow configuration based on previous work experiences and education
- Provide training for each tool's functionality both in person and through other methods
- Actively support the Program Team by acting as main point of contact when queries arise around process design, functional specifications, test planning, tool functionalities and capabilities
- Document the technical requirements/as-built documentation
- Participate in project meetings/daily scrums and communicate development status
- Support multiple instances of the platform including Development, QA, and Production
- Analyze system log files and recommend changes and enhancements to applications and system configurations
- Code, test, debug, implement, and document highly complex programs
- Ability to develop complex test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs
- Research information from existing systems, analyze program and time requirements
- Prepare time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers
- Support project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems
- Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility
- Provides technical advice on complex programming
- Work closely with the business analysts and development team to assist in the appropriate extension, integration or development of the platform
- Develop, publish and maintain statistical, management and custom reports
- Analyzing, creating proof of concepts, designing, developing and customizing business applications
- Designing and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- Working with Internal customers for requirement clarifications and solution designing
- 24/7 support of the ServiceNow platform which also includes monitoring, maintaining and resolving tickets through the queue management process
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Requires ServiceNow development experience including managing ServiceNow Helsinki
version or above
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extensively analyze business processes and work flow
- Effective writing skills with the ability to document application configurations, system design and architecture
- Effective communication with customers, system administrators, team members and management and use sound judgment when considering enterprise impacts of technical decisions
- Good communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, management and customers in geographically dispersed locations and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Some knowledge with the ServiceNow Platform and the ability to troubleshoot and restore the application
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator and ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
- Experience with database design schemas and data modelling
- Previous experience of working in a SCRUM environment
- Strong requirements gathering experience and ability to work with business users and clients
- A background in IT Service Management, CRM or BPM software is highly desirable
- 5+ years of experience preferred
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.