Senior Business Development Manager - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as Senior Business Development Manager UKI, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Leads business development activity for Visa UK & Ireland, manage clients from the new to Visa to steady state stage and provides support to the UK & Ireland team in developing strategic new business opportunities for Visa.
What we expect of you, day to day…
- Responsible for supporting specific UK & Ireland new Business Development opportunities, galvanising the business to focus on and deliver against these opportunities
- Lead and / or support the delivery of RFP / RFI responses for Visa to our card issuing clients in the UK & Ireland
- Engage with cross functional colleagues ensuring teams such as marketing, merchant & acquiring and consulting are appropriately involved and informed in new business opportunities, leading virtual teams to deliver the right client responses and endeavouring to break down silos and work together as “One Visa”
- Develop a good knowledge of Visa products and services and how they can benefit our clients
- Support deal structuring activities for specific client opportunities, engaging with internal stakeholders to deliver optimal financial and contractual approaches
- Undertake analysis to support business and commercial proposals
- Support the development of the UK&I BD pipeline
- Take responsibility for specific target client opportunities, proactively building relationships and developing relevant Visa proposals while acting as an ambassador for Visa externally
- Demonstrate a consultative-led sales approach, working with clients to identify and understand new and ongoing requirements for specific opportunities based on Visa insights, client needs and pain points
- Provide a client perspective on developing relevant and compelling new business proposals
- Share BD best practice across the broader UK&I business
What we’re after…
- Previous experience of Business Development / consultative-led sales management, preferably in B2B
- Knowledge and experience of the cards and payments business including market trends and commercial drivers, with insight into credit card issuance / consumer lending
- Broad working knowledge about Visa and its products and services
- Curiosity and appetite to learn and develop
- Resilience and tenacity
- Be commercially focused and pragmatic, have the ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions
- Experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment
- Have capacity to become a respected and valued partner at multiple levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally, and build positive and constructive relationships
- Professional approach, positively representing Visa in external client interactions
- Proven influencing, selling and negotiation skills
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.