Strategy and Operations Manager, Payment Products and Platforms
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Payment Products & Platforms Organization at Visa manages the development and strategy for Visa’s platforms and accelerates the delivery of our products into markets. We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
As a Strategy and Operations Manager, you will be part of a lean team that helps define and drive strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the Payment Products & Platforms organization. This is a rare opportunity that allows you to work on a variety of different work ranging from leading cross functional projects to managing technology resources to multi-year planning. You will partner closely with stakeholders from across the company including Product, Finance, HR, Risk, Strategy, Operations, etc. Every day is different! The successful candidate is highly motivated, highly analytical, works well with others, and ready to take on any challenge at any moment.
• Operational excellence (product development process, coordinating scorecards, business goals, analytics, recruiting, meeting cadence, etc.)
• Managing the business (planning, technology resourcing, work force plan, financials, etc.)
• Coordinating special projects including execution and delivery
• Help set direction on goals and strategies for the group
• Gather, interpret, and synthesize data for a variety of business purposes, including performance measurement, improvements and business models
• Identify issues in organization to flag and set a plan to fix and execute
• Help drive revenue and enhance client interactions
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience in conjunction with a less technical BA/BS
• 4+ years of related work experience (consulting, corporate strategy, product strategy, product operations, etc.)
• Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
• Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to work cross-functionally and to build strong and productive relationships
• Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office and analytics tools
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Less than 10% travel required.
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.