Director, Regional Economist (CEMEA)
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Business and Economic Insights (BEI) delivers actionable intelligence into the evolving global economy for Visa and Visa’s clients. The group harnesses its expertise, multiple data sources and deep client relationships to provide cutting-edge insights into consumer spending and the payments industry. Through close client engagement, BEI delivers these insights to inform business planning and management decisions.
Position Scope: We are looking for a proven thought-leader who has in-depth knowledge and experience in regional consumer economics and payments industry trends. This individual will function as a subject matter expert on regional economic and industry trends, assisting both Visa Inc and Visa’s clients, in the Central Europe, Middle East and Africa region.
- Establish credibility as a thought leader in the consumer economics and payments industry by leveraging multi-media client and public outreach efforts to promote Visa’s brand and business.
- Proven ability to synthesize economic and financial data from private and government sources to develop new insights into the payments industry specifically addressing key markets within the region.
- Translate complex macroeconomic and industry trends into accessible and compelling narratives
- Play an integral role in conducting and presenting analyses of global and regional economic trends and their impact on Visa and Visa clients
- Mine existing Visa data and create and develop business methods to forecast, track and communicate performance and industry change drivers
- Working cross-functionally and across geographies to align Visa Consulting and Analytics, Strategy, Product, Finance, Marketing and Sales objectives and resources against client business needs. Manage cross-functional resources to build a close working partnership with other internal stakeholders in each market and region.
- Prefer advanced graduate degree (MS) in economics or business administration; however, relevant experience in lieu of advanced degree will be considered.
- 7+ years’ experience in the financial services or economic consulting industry.
- Self-starter with an ability to manage own and others' priorities and adapt as required to an unstructured and fast paced work environment
- Strong communication skills both written and oral. Demonstrated skills in story-telling through distilling complex analysis into easily digestible messages.
- Fluency in a regional language is a plus