Sr. Director - Head of PMO, Real Time Payments (REF16243D) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast-growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals and businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries and regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Part of the broader Digital and Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best and brightest technologists with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and you feel excited about joining and leading the revolution- come join us!
The Senior Director, Head of PMO, is a key leadership position responsible for ensuring that all programs and projects under the RTP product development group are planned, managed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner. The position requires an experienced technology professional with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented product development environment. S(he) will be a program management leader who embodies Visa’s leadership principles of leading by example, communicating openly, enabling and inspiring others, exceling with partners, acting decisively, and collaborating effectively.
The position is an ideal fit for an individual with deep operational experience in running software product development at scale and looking to make a career transition to PMO. Alternatively, the individual could come from management consulting background, with rich and varied experience in managing large, complex programs and looking to make a switch to software product development.
In this role, s(he) will manage a team of Technical Program/Project Managers who will collectively lead efforts to improve our processes, making our teams highly productive and also champion the adoption of modern Agile practices such as weekly sprints, continuous integration and DevOps model of software delivery. S(he) will be responsible for hiring top talent and keeping the organization highly engaged and motivated, delivering exceptional results.
As the leader of the PMO, s(he) will foster collaboration across global business and technology organizations, providing sound analysis and change leadership. Building and maintaining strong internal customer relationships is essential as this position will work with Business Partners, internal staff and system integrators on a daily basis to ensure delivery of quality products in alignment with global initiatives and requirements across the enterprise
· Operate as a key partner and proxy for the VP running the product development organization by simultaneously managing multiple dimensions such as organizational, resource ramp-up, process and tools, executive status reporting etc.
· Be a partner and problem solver for the engineering and QA leads and the broader organization in general
· Provide leadership and oversight to a team of technical program/project managers who use agile practices and the scrum framework for the planning, execution and delivery of products.
· Work with Business Sponsors to develop project roadmaps that align with business objectives/priority and take into account resource availability.
· Overall responsibility for planning, executing, tracking and managing cost, schedule, and scope for all projects in the portfolio.
· Direct project portfolio activities, conduct reviews, and use strong technical and business acumen to manage risk and address escalated impediments.
· Enforce consistency and standardize processes across the team and the broader project management organization.
· Drive improvements in software development practices/processes within teams and across the organization.
· Drive the adoption of key engineering practices like Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, etc. to improve quality and reliability of team’s deliverables.
· Responsible for coaching and mentoring of local technology leaders on Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices.
· Manage HR and Performance aspects of employees.
· Mentor and guide local managers through their career paths.
Bachelor degree in a technical field, such as Business Information Technology or Management in Information Systems or Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Preferred)
MBA or other related advanced degree (Preferred)
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to discover and internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of Visa as a whole.
- Independent judgment and mature decision-making skills to deal with programs that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant financial and compliance impacts.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in either Program, Project or Portfolio management.
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience ideally from a development or test engineering background.
- Experience in hiring, training, mentoring and managing a project team of 10 or more members.
- Exceptional knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices.
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices.
- Excellent ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed to support the strategic goals.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.