- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Are you passionate at turning data into valuable products? Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges
with creative flair? Are you talented at using mathematical models to solve human problems? Put your interests and skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments
The Risk and Authentication Products group aims to make Visa payment network the safest way to pay and being paid, to advance the confidence of all parties using or accepting Visa cards, and to build the trust for digital payment system by applying cutting-edge technology and real-time machine-learning solutions to help issuers and merchants mitigate risks.
This role is reporting to an analytics team that supports the Risk Products. Your responsibilities range from fundamental data analytics to implementing and delivering advanced machine learning models, from visualization solutions to develop high impact AI products. You will get chances to leverage your business acumen, analytics thoughts, programing skills, technical knowledge of big data and machine learning techniques. This function is critical in building predictive analytics solutions in risk area and intellectual property for Visa.
Primary Responsibilities (Risk Modeling Products and Artificial Intelligence Solutions)
- Lead new analytic risk product development via conducting sound statistical analyses, applying advanced machine learning technology and creatively using various data sources and formats (text, image, voice, etc); improve the value position of current products by continuous innovations
and new technology adoptions
- Lead the development of predictive models with artificial neural networks, gradient boosting trees, RNN, CNN, fuzzy neural networks, and other advanced supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
- Interact with senior management, product owners, and other stakeholders to initiate new analytic products and design execution plans
- Prepare and test complex predictive model packages for production deployment; coordinate model installations with production teams and monitoring/adjusting production score distributions
- Identify new analytic product opportunities via market research and data analysis; build business cases and prototype solutions for new products
- Define financial and analytic metrics to measure complicated predictive model outcomes and produce performance reports
- Present and interpret modeling and analytical results to non-technical audience and provide marketing/sales materials
- Dynamically redesign analytic projects and execute solutions as business scope changes while bringing in and testing innovative ideas for out-of-box solutions
- Build visualization tools for complex model results to improve user experience and easy-use for new products
- Continuously exploit opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
Secondary Responsibilities (Business Analysis and Project Management):
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders for analytic requests, provide accurate estimate on cost and completion, and manage the delivery of the results
- Steer sales and marketing efforts on analytic products with sound statistical and financial analysis; build processes to conduct ad-hoc analyses on Hadoop system to meet clients’ requests in near real-time
- Develop business requirements and appropriate statistical analysis/prototypes to meet critical business needs; design and develop transaction attributes to grow analytic products
- Work on cross functional teams and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders; advocate analytical innovations and analytic thinking throughout the Visa organization
- Lead junior team members to deliver projects within timelines and budget requirements
- Perform R&D to explore new products and solutions with new technologies and innovations
- Lead the efforts on model governance and risk management, data quality control, analytics tool evaluation, and coordinate product deployment across functional teams
10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
Proficiency in SAS, Python, and Shell Programming
- Proficiency with SQL, Hadoop, and Hive
- Proficiency in data analysis and modeling building
12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
Previous experience in artificial neural network, RNN, CNN, natural language processing or graph database analytics are desirable
- Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new techniques
- Must be a team-player and demonstrated capability of handling multi-tasks in a dynamic environment
- Excellent business writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law..