Senior Director Visa Analytics Platform Product Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Are you intrigued by solving problems using data, bringing products to market? Are you brimming with ideas to solve challenging problems? Do you have the skills and the drive to turn your ideas into innovative products? Do you get excited to work with a mountain of data tied to peoples deliberate actions and choices? Then read on, this role just might be the perfect fit for you.
As part of the Global Data Products team at Visa, the Senior Director of Product Management will be the key product owner of the Visa Analytics Platform, leading product development and go-to-market plans for the platform. Visa Analytics Platform is Visa’s one-stop platform for clients to get access to Visa data, dashboards and analytical applications. You will lead a team of product managers to identify strategic opportunities to apply Visa’s significant data assets and analytics capabilities to help Visa’s clients to gain insights, make better decisions and help them grow their business.
To execute on your vision, you will define and manage a multi-year product roadmap. You will closely work with partners across Technology, Operations, Sales and Marketing to bring this roadmap to life.
To be successful, you will need a deep understanding of how data and analytics can be applied in the payments space. You have strong product management fundamentals and technical chops. You are a seasoned people leader who can manage and mentor a group of experienced product managers. You are adept at leading cross-functional teams to bring new products to market, drive adoption and solve for scale. You have demonstrated industry knowledge of the payment landscape, including issuer, acquirer and merchants’ needs and challenges.
You will report to the Vice President Product Management, Data Platforms & Data API’s within Visa's Global Data Products group.
- Drive Visa’s strategy of developing the Visa Analytics Platform as Visa’s primary platform for delivering data and insights to clients
- Understand evolving needs and challenges of clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants, and ensure products are tailored to meet those needs
- Assess new product opportunities and develop business case and design of new products
- Define product roadmap, requirements, privacy framework and Go-To-Market strategy
- Be an agile evangelist who ensures that Product and Technology teams effectively partner in developing products in a rapid and nimble fashion
- Define and manage KPI’s to ensure product success from a user and commercial perspective
- Develop and manage robust SLA’s and OLA’s to ensure product performance meets requirements
- Partner with Visa Technology to build and enhance the product platform
- Identify data analytics and modeling requirements, partner with Visa Analytics and Technology to develop robust and scalable methodologies
- Identify needs for 3rd party data to complement and enhance Visa Analytics Platform; pursue partnerships and licensing agreements to source required data
- Employ rapid prototype and other iterative methodologies to create, test and iterate product designs
- Manage joint product development and rollout with partners
- Provide thought leadership and lead extended cross-functional team – including engineering, analytics, sales, marketing, operations, finance and legal – to deliver on product objectives
- Keep abreast of industry trends and the competitive landscape in the payment space
12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with Masters/MBA/JD/MD; or a minimum of 8 years of work experience with a PhD
5+ years of product management experience, preferably with an agile development team
- Bachelors’ degree in business management, computer science or information technology
- Customer champion with a proven track record of developing and executing a product vision for successful products based on deep understanding of customer needs
- Hands on experience with agile software development practices; strong technical background and a proven ability to work with a team of developers
- Graduate degree in business management, computer science or information technology
- Relentless obsession with great customer experience
- Strong judgement and analytical skills, comfortable making decisions with limited data
- Strong leadership experience including the ability to develop talent from within and recruit talent that can inject new perspectives and experiences
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships and facilitate healthy communication
- Creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
- Ability to lead, influence and inspire a team of colleagues that don’t report to you
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20% of the time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.