Senior Technical Program Manager (REF17114R) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Digital & Developer Product Development (DDP) develops, delivers, and manages end-to-end technology products to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets. The DDP Integration Solutions Engineering Project Management Office (PMO) is a Shared Services PMO that works hand-in-hand with Product, Technology & Client Services. Looking for a Shared Services PM with Testing, Tools & Developer Efficiency, Performance to efficiently plan, execute, and deliver on its product roadmap, including driving greater alignment between the product roadmap and development. Joining the PMO, you will be a critical resource to 1) drive solutions from ideation to production, and 2) develop, and implement tools and process improvements with clear efficiency gains for our ISE Org.
- Lead new program and project development initiatives to formalize scope, roadmaps, and secure funding. A significant amount of coordination and collaboration across product/business, technology, and support organizations is required.
- Execute on complex programs affecting multiple platforms within DDP. Provide coordination across technology teams, unified reporting, and drive issue resolution.
- Lead continuous process improvement initiatives across VDDP. Including initial definition, roll out, and tracking efficiency/effectiveness gains.
- Ensure all projects and programs track financials, comply with Program and Project methodologies, and provide accurate/timely reporting and issue escalation.
- Highly experienced in developing, operating and tailoring Waterfall and Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (Required)
- Highly experienced in defining/structuring new programs and projects to ensure clear objectives, clear stakeholder roles, adherence to Visa project/program methodologies, and an overall execution plan
- Technical acumen to capture, communicate and drive issues/blockers/risks to resolution
- Key management skills include: strong communication; team leadership, coaching & conflict resolution; matrixed and geographically dispersed team management
- Help coordinate critical DDP strategic initiatives such as ETE Strategy, Test data process gaps, and Performance for Cross-Verticals supporting DDP’s Shared Services & Operations with technical meetings, meeting notes, prioritize next steps, dependencies and risk matrix, ability to track progress and report to Senior Management etc
- Working with Cross-vertical technical leads and PMO function to Front Door management, and prioritize with release, manage risks, dependencies and communicate across verticals and shared services, update rally dashboards, baseline metrics and success criteria measurements
- Support ISE Big Rocks like Shift-left CI, Automated Deployment, Lower AA for Tools & Developer Efficiency; AA Environment Parity for Release & Certification; Container Sizing & Profiling for Performance Engineering
- As a Technical PM, work hand-in-hand with Product and Technology leads to efficiently plan, execute, and deliver on Tools & Performance Engineering roadmap, driving alignment with Product, DDP’s Verticals & Shared Engineering Operations team
- Drive solutions from ideation to production, for tools and integration developers
- Develop, and implement improvements with clear efficiency gains.
- Collaborate dependencies with Technology Orgs like Operations & Infra, Global Information Security, VIP
- Be able to hold technical and whiteboard discussions with Architects, Engineers, Testing & Certification, Operations by understanding complex high scalable architecture and technology stacks for Performance, Developer Tools Efficiency, Certification, DB Compatibility, Active-Active, Pen-testing needs and drive the goals of the charter, along with technical acumen to capture, communicate and drive issues/blockers/risks to resolution, and track change controls
- Highly experienced in developing, operating and tailoring Waterfall and Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Bachelor degree in a technical field, such as Business Information Technology or Management in Information Systems or Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Preferred)
- MBA or other related advanced degree (Preferred)
- Certifications (at least one Preferred): PMP, CSM, Agile Certifications
- Experience: Professionally mature delivery technical project/release manager with hands-on continuous experience for at least the past 5 years, working with software engineers (development, test, and operations), operations, security, and business personnel.
- 5-7 years progressively more responsible experience in directly relevant Project and Program roles in an agile environment.
- Experience working with both engineering/technical teams and product/business teams that are transitioning from Waterfall to Scrum (not just mature Agile teams)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.