Senior Technical Product Manager
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Visa opened its Singapore Innovation Lab in 2016; a showcase center that helps Visa to demonstrate the part of the possible for clients and partners. You will be working side by side with our Innovation & Strategic Partnerships team who are a global client facing organization that sets Visa’s public innovation agenda, develops commercial partnerships with industry leading brands and platform providers, and promotes hands on incubation and rapid prototyping.
The Visa Innovation Lab is looking for a technologist who can help a team to apply great ideas in code. You will manage the execution of app development on a number of existing and emerging platforms (mobile, web, backend, etc). You will help envision and develop the next generation apps and provide it as a reference to Visa partners. This is a challenging and exciting role and we want a skilled individual who can bring both technical talent and a business vision to the team.
Technical Product Management (TPM)
A TPM is a leader of strategy, planning, and execution/delivery. The Singapore Innovation Technology team is looking for a TPM who is passionate about building scalable, secure and highly reliable, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. As TPM, you will help our developers in creating proof of concept projects that eventually will become production ready Visa products, and demos and experiences that help illustrate new payment trends to our innovation center visitors.
Additionally, you’ll also be defining and evangelizing the innovation philosophy for all development teams at Visa. This includes engaging in technical and functional discussions with many teams and continuous engagement with product managers and customers across a range of Visa’s new and existing products.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than three years of technical product and/or program management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically. The person should be able to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in a high transaction online payment environment, developer portals/services, or APIs is highly desirable. Payment is a deep domain- the candidate should be a fast learner and able to pick up new domain quickly.
Accountabilities - General:
· Technical product management functions including functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, and cross-division coordination.
· Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies.
· Be the customer seat in the engineering team- deep passion for satisfying customer needs and influencing design and priority appropriately.
· Partner with Product Management to define our technology strategy within Singapore Innovation. Own the roadmap working with the product and engineering teams.
· Work closely with the engineers and contribute to the development of design artifacts and Quality Assurance test plans.
· Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders, Bug bashes, and Hackathons.
· Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· 8-10 years of total career experience
· 3 or more years of relevant experience in technical product and program management
· Strong analytical and technical skills.
· Fluent in discussions about API design, SDKs, and developer tools.
· Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, with ability to organize and motivate work across multiple team boundaries
· Proven track record of shipping product on time.
· Project management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development and user acceptance testing efforts
· Excellent communication skills.
· Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
· Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering, or a related field. An MBA may be considered helpful in conjunction with technical product experience.