Cyber Defence Analyst - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our culture. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create top-tier security operations and incident response teams, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.
We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defence. We’ll arm you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As Cyber Incident Response Analyst, you’ll be enthused by getting stuck into various defence and security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with people from a range of disciplines, as well as colleagues and clients at every level.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- We’ll need you to identify cybersecurity threats and confidently perform analysis of anomalies on Visa networks
- Monitor Cybersecurity alerts though the use of a Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) to triage, mitigate and escalate issues
- Coordinate the initial workflow and response for different case types with both internal and external Visa teams
- Collaboration is key! We’ll need you to work closely with operational support staff to ensure they are actively engaged in potential security threats and concerns
- This role means you’ll be providing round-the-clock support for our global security operations centre. Analysts work a 12-hour shift pattern, including holidays and weekends – so commitment is everything here
What we’re after…
- Display great problem solving skills - this coupled with the tenacity and resilience to resolve issues
- A solid foundational understanding of TCP/IP and networks to include packet analysis, firewalls, routers, and ACLs
- Strong working knowledge of malware in its varying forms, common delivery mechanisms, and common mitigation steps
- Ability to convey security concepts related cybersecurity events to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with IDS/IPS, Endpoint protection, Network Security, WAF, Sandboxing and analysis toolsets.
- Experience operating and administrating Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms
- The ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members in a dynamic workforce
- Preferred - security operations experience but candidates with Forensics or Penetration Testing background will also be considered
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.