Senior Software Engineer (REF17649O) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, California, us
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of the platform that enables cloud-based mobile payments. You will work on the APIs, business flows that are integrated by Digital wallets as well as responsible for ensuring integration with supported Issuers.
Visa’s Software Engineers develop the world’s best payment solutions. We provide our engineers with the latest tools to develop world-class payment products. We pair this with an architecture that supports massive scalability and access to the world’s strongest payment network. We practice test driven development to ensure that we produce the highest quality of code possible. At Visa, we strive for technical excellence.
This position is based in Foster City, CA and will report to the Director of Product Development.
· Design and Build web applications
· Integrate with Visa’s back-end systems.
· Design components, develop code and test changes utilizing development best practices such as test-driven development, pair programming, peer review
· Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, regression testing, automated builds, and source control
· Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization.
· Design technology solutions that are capable of integrating with a variety of protocols (e.g. SOAP, Rest, File Transfer)
· Validate successful introduction of newly deployed products and feature sets to the market.
· Major computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
· Solid experience with SQL
· Knowledge of Java.
· 2-5 years of experience in application services development for large scale systems.
· 2-5 years of Design and Build web applications
· 2-5 years of Design components, develop code and test changes utilizing development best
· 2-5 years of Design technology solutions that are capable of integrating with a variety of protocols, such as REST;
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.