Senior Account Manager
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This Senior Account Manager provides tactical support to financial institutions and partners for Visa B2B Connect product. This role is an individual contributor role responsible as a subject matter expert and consultant to assigned clients, ensuring clients’ objectives are achieved. This role is responsible for solving complex problems and serves as a technical/functional specialist.
- Provide high value customer service support on day-to-day items to Visa Clients and internal staff to ensure customer expectations are exceeded; advocate on behalf of the clients.
- Will act as the primary Event Manager for all incidents that are a result of platform outages impeding the client connection to the Visa B2B Connect platform.
- Proactively notify clients regarding any widespread or business critical problems with the application, as well as scheduled periodic maintenance outages.
- Serve as the primary escalation point for all client reported issues.
- Lead complex cross functional customer service delivery initiatives across clients and Visa internal teams.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives.
- Ensure prompt and comprehensive resolution of client inquiries as well as create and maintain updated support documentation. For example, meeting required deadlines.
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with key clients and internal stakeholders.
- Represent client perspective within Visa organization to ensure enhancements are prioritized.
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality and efficiency.
- Report customer project accomplishments and deliverables to senior management.
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, and system enhancement support.
- Educate and train clients on best practices for Visa B2B Connect.
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally
- Develop and manage operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
- Stay current with the payment industry and client trends as well as maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities.
- On call support and possible weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Requires a minimum of 8+ years’ experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, and software or information services.
- Knowledge in secure communication protocol such as SFTP, FTP/S and HTTPS a plus.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving skills.
- Knowledge using tools such as; MS Dynamics and incident management ticketing tools.
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity that require significant initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations internally and externally, and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Superb proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex issues.
- Advanced comfort level with public speaking.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- While this is a customer service role (not IT), experience in troubleshooting complex web applications, application programing interfaces (APIs) gateways, integration or environment issues is a plus.
- Strong skills in Excel for data analysis.
- Advance Power point for professional presentations.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in and we embrace inclusion and diversity of thought. We are committed to creating the kind of workplace where you want to be and we can facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements for you.