Staff SW Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Enterprise Risk Solutions team to help design, enhance and build our transactional Fraud detection engine in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will have the opportunity to take leadership roles on projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. You will have the opportunity to build models and software based on Machine Learning and Deep Learning. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple to name a few. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
Some of Your Key Responsibilities
Our engineers do more than just write code:
- You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
- You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more
- You’ll use technologies that include ML, Deep Learning to build fraud models
- You will work with Technical Product Management to understand business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
- You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems
- You’ll leverage new technologies to build the next generation of Risk Services
- You’ll play key role to architect, design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field and 8+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 6+ years of Software Development Experience
• You are a Java expert and you have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
• You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, JUnit, Mock frameworks
• You have experience building enterprise class applications that use industry best practices for reliability, availability, scalability and operability
• Experience in leading edge areas such as Machine Learning and Deep Learning, ML libraries/tools is a plus
• Exposure to Big Data and analytics in general leveraging technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra
• Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
• We count on your curiosity and creativity when working with your partners to create innovative solutions.
• You are a quick learner and have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals
• You have the passion to work with people and contribute to best practices that help the team to improve in efficiency and quality.
- A background in the fraud detection domain is a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel 10%+ domestically
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law..