- Austin, TX, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
· Supports the Legal Department’s Strategic Partnership and Innovation Group in the negotiation, drafting, establishment and administration of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, hardware, software, facilities, corporate procurement, marketing, consulting, collaboration and non-disclosure agreements.
· Reviews, revises and approves non-disclosure agreements for the protection of the company's confidential information and intellectual property in adherence to company policy.
· Collaborates with business units, the sourcing department and legal department in gathering facts to evaluate potential legal risk of engaging with contemplated partners and suppliers for potential purchases or development of products by business units.
· Advises business unit management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions in existing agreements.
· Collaborates with Legal Team in creating contract templates and supporting documents.
· Plans and carries out recurring work using established procedures, conferring with supervising attorney as necessary on legal issues.
· Analyzes, advises on and approves or rejects internal and/or external requests for deviations from contract specifications.
· May assist and/or provide input into the formulation, development, and/or revision of operating policies, procedures, and strategies for the organization, as appropriate.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Key Success Factors:
Communicates in a professional and timely manner, takes ownership of all tasks, solid teambuilding skills and stakeholder management, responsive to peers and all levels of management, expert negotiation skills, and expert contract analysis skills.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
· Experience working with confidential documents and under confidentiality obligations.
· Contract formation, preparation, negotiation, review, and drafting skills
· Ability to identify key risk areas in a contract.
· Working knowledge of intellectual property law, the Uniform Commercial Code, and CISG.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or related field, or equivalent number of years of contract experience.
· At least five years of experience in high technology transactions, which includes the drafting of complex agreements, including non-disclosure agreements and related documents. Possession of a directly related post-graduate degree may be substituted for one of the two years of required experience.
· Must have a legal or permanent right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
· Prior coursework or experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
· Juris Doctor degree a plus.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.