- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Problem Analyst with 2+ years or more of IT operations, process analysis, design or re-engineering experience. They demonstrate deep knowledge of IT processes and frameworks (SDLC, ITIL, COBIT etc.), as well as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen or equivalent process improvement methodologies.
Problem Analyst with a good understanding of the IT infrastructure components (servers, network, storage, middleware/database, application software and data center facilities) and processes followed in software development and IT operations, as well some of the tools used to implement and manage them. They should have spent at least 2 years hands-on in software development, engineering or operations to gather this understanding.
The Problem Analyst will be responsible management of Problem investigations from start to finish by facilitating root cause investigations and managing the implementation of corrective and preventative measures. Responsibilities include the following:
- You will be working with Tier 1, 2 & 3 support teams for Applications and Infrastructure to review, agree and implement permanent solution for "Problem" tickets
- Drive efforts to improve overall application stability and availability for applications and supporting infrastructure by ensuring Problem resolution
- Monitor metrics and drive continuous infrastructure and application improvement efforts across team to achieve SLA & KPI for Problem Management
- Facilitating and coordinating technical problem review meetings includes leading and facilitating post mortem investigations of critical incidents, and managing root cause analysis between technical teams
- Initiating actions to fix interruptions to service caused by errors/faults in the IS infrastructure
- Production of statistics and reports to demonstrate performance of the Problem Management process
- Work with process owners and stakeholders to re-engineer processes to be simple, nimble, repeatable, measurable, achievable and continuously improved
- Eliminate complexity in Technology's ability to deliver IT services, while meeting service level agreements
- Identify areas of improvement within the Technology processes using metrics and Six Sigma, Kaizen or similar techniques and deliver improvements in process, tools and quality of adoption
- Suggest comprehensive metrics that can be actionable and promote positive behavioral changes; Baseline, improve and re-measure success. Work with the Metrics team to deliver them and use for continuous improvement
- Manage relationships with other process management teams to provide a consistent delivery framework
- Work with the requirements, documentation and training teams so processes are implemented in the tools, documented and process users trained in their use
- Evangelize the virtues of IT process management and create a collaborative environment
- Work independently to research subject matter. Interact with IT development, operations, IT quality and product management groups to obtain and exchange information
- Proactively escalate problems and issues
- Adhere to department procedures as directed by the department and Visa's procedures guide
- Enhance knowledge of the field through participation in professional organizations and self-study
- Bachelor degree in Engineering related to Information Technology
- 2+ years' experience in IT Operations in a technical SME role
- 2+ years' experience in IT process management/re-engineering initiatives
- ITIL Foundation Certified with at least one intermediate certification. ITIL Expert certification is a bonus
- Lean or Green Belt Six Sigma certified. Black Belt certification is a bonus
- Experience using and administering Service Now especially Problem Management workflow
- High level technical understanding of IT services and their components such as servers, networks, database/middleware, data center facilities, and software development lifecycle
- Good track record for innovation and measurable process improvements
- Strong Technical Writing; Presentation and Communications skills across multiple levels of the organization, including senior management. Must be able to articulate messages across a variety of audiences and document a detailed meeting minutes for the daily Major Problem Management meetings.
- Self-driven and ability to work independently
- Have great degree of technical understanding and literacy
- Flexible working hours to accommodate diverse geographic locations
- Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal and problem solving skills required
- Experience working with multicultural teams in diverse geographic locations preferred
- Working knowledge of MS-Office products for Windows including Word, Excel, Visio and SharePoint
- Process documentation samples and prior improvement project examples are required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.