Full Stack Developer, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Payment technology has become a very popular area in the last several years. Given the strong demands and innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry and is in a fast-paced technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advanced technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform (DP) Department is in the center for many of these technologies and development.
The Data Platform Department is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform and data services to drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. Data is the most valuable asset in Visa. The Data Platform Department is dedicated to systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, therefore enabling Visa with the ability to leverage its data asset in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry. The department maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business and external clients. Our technical stack has two layers: Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Data as a service (DaaS).
The Platform as a Service team is part of Visa's Data Platform division. Our mission is to provide the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa data assets and deliver Value Added Information Products and Services to our customers. Building next generation applications require collaboration with exceptional group of highly skilled data architects, software engineers, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects. This is an exciting time for a data professional to join our team to drive technology transformation.
A successful candidate is who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has customer obsession, think big, and knows to simplify. As a Full Stack Software Engineer, the candidate will leverage sound architectural principles to code the front and back end platform that enables full automation of the big-data platform.
The ideal candidate has strong technical background in cloud technologies, big data, and have a good written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate has production experience building all parts of a modern web-based application, is passionate about performance, testability, and maintainability, cares about quality of code, love to learn new technologies, and is passionate about speed of execution.
- Design, implement and manage big data cloud infrastructure
- Build integrated solutions with automation, monitoring, analytics, and user interfaces that enable full automation for build out and operation of big data platform.
- Keep a sharp eye for automation needs and opportunities. Innovate with new technology to enable innovative cluster management, inventory, monitoring, performance tuning.
- Keen to learn the latest big-data technologies, as well as the pros/cons of these technologies.
- Perform detailed technical design, development and unit testing of custom applications and data flow in the context of projects, releases and production support.
- Deliver high quality code for features and bug fixes.
- Refactor code to improve testability and maintainability.
- Keep up with industry best practices.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- 4+ yrs of Fullstack development experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to changing technology
- Understanding of RESTful APIs – both building and consuming
- Experience with PHP and a PHP MVC framework
- Understanding and experience building responsive interfaces with HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap
- Experience with React, VueJs (or other front-end frameworks) a bonus
- Experience with Linux environments and using the shell
- Experience with Python
- Experience with MySQL, DB2, or other RDBMS
- Experience writing tests (unit, functional, etc.), and using testing frameworks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attitude toward getting things done while maintaining regard for code quality
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of initiatives and comfortable seeking help
- Comfortable tackling new problems and learning along the way
- Solid communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.