Director - Data Services, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is in the process of a technology transformation to use open source BigData technologies like Hbase, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka etc. Visa has numerous processes that perform complex transformations on data in order to gain competitive information and insights. The data goes through numerous different transformations into a multitude of tables. The Data-as-a-Service Insights and Analytics team owns platforms that allow for configuration of rules to detect data discrepancies, Metadata information that captures job lineages by analyzing information from schedulers, platform metrics and run time, stewardship data and other important information about the various tables and fields. The Reference Data team has platforms to manage the core, reference tables at Visa and the workflow engine to manage the governance of additions and modifications to the reference tables. With a portfolio of these products, the objective is to build a one-stop solution that provides real-time insights of running jobs, data availability, event correlation that can predict/analyze data anomalies, all of which will result in better operational efficiency.
Within the portfolio of products, the Data Quality team is responsible for building a platform where developers and business users can configure data quality checks at the table and field level. The platform will need to scale to handle onboarding thousands of jobs, with checks that are in the 100s of thousands, ensure validation of the checks being configured in a self-service manner, while keeping security concerns in mind.
We are looking for passionate, motivated and self-driven individual who can build, lead and provide technical mentorship to a high performing team to continue to build these platforms to the next level of scale, and utilize these to build co-relation and classification systems to drive insights into our systems. A few examples of such insights: drive optimization of our jobs, group alerts and identify the root cause issues.
- Manage a team of highly motivated engineers and analysts to deliver next generation certification platform for Visa.
- Be accountable for implementing common certification platform for all types of Data Platform applications.
- Expand, maintain and nurture the India center by motivating and mentoring staff.
- Create an culture of engineering excellence.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities.
- Drive productivity through engineering fundamentals, framework and best practices.
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, prioritize, and drive execution using agile methodologies. Provide feedback to product and technology teams to influence roadmap and strategy.
- 12+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required. Master's degree is a plus.
- Prior experience must include leadership for implementing certification applications supporting high transaction systems.
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment using BitBucket and Jenkins is a must.
- Experience in automating data driven applications in distributed multi cluster environment.
- Hands on experience in building applications on Hadoop including exposure to HBase
- Working knowledge of the traditional ETL system would be beneficial.
- Must have demonstrated experience in automation in domains that require high throughput
- and low-latency.
- Must have individually demonstrated application design and development ability.
- The candidate should have demonstrated success in global product organizations in terms of creating deep partnerships and collaboration with business, fostering a culture that encourages innovation and coordination with multiple teams across borders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Experienced organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.