Staff Software Engineer - Java/Hadoop, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data organization develops and manages end-to-end technology solutions that create value from our enterprise data through Internal and client-focused information-based services. The successful candidate will be a Staff Software Engineer as part of “Data as a Service” in Data Platform Organization. The primary responsibility would be to do the design, develop, test and support new & existing application software in Big Data platform using Java, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, PIG and other big data technologies.
Visa provides a challenging environment of volume, velocity and variety that is rarely matched. Candidates looking forward to thrive in such environment are encouraged to apply.
· Translate business requirements into technical solutions using Big Data/Java technologies etc.
· Work with business partners directly to seek clarity on requirements.
· Define solutions in terms of components, modules and algorithms.
· Engage architects (both enterprise and domain) to ensure overall Enterprise Architecture is inclusive of all stakeholder viewpoints.
· Refactor the existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable.
· Come up with Coding and Design best practices.
· Integrate test frameworks in development process.
· Take ownership of production deployment of code.
· Become a subject-matter-expert (SME) for various program domains.
· Ensure quality of deliveries are near 100% defect free, and meet the SLA of each program
· Create technical documentation for all new or modified processes.
· Collaborate with different teams on projects spanning across multiple teams.
· Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
· Adapting fast to new application knowledge and changes
- Master/Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or other technical discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years of software development experience (with a concentration in data centric initiatives), with demonstrated expertise in leveraging standard development best practice methodologies.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Hadoop using Core Java Programming, Spark, Hive, Pig scripts, Sqoop, and any ETL tool experience.
- Need exposure to NoSQL database.
- Strong knowledge of Database concepts and UNIX.
- Expert on SQL skills for data manipulation (DML) and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle).
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming Language – Java / Python.
- Experience using CI/CD Process, version control and bug tracking tools.
- Experience in handling very large data volume in low latency and batch mode.
- Experience with automation of job execution, validation and compares of the data files on Hadoop Env at the field level.
- Experience in leading a small team, and be a team player.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and in-depth.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.