Senior SDET(Big Data) - Data Product Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Big Data)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
A Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Visa is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products. It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. You’ll be writing code that automatically verifies the quality of the product. That means that you potentially write more code than the developers. SDETs at Visa are able to understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality process. Our SDETs work directly with both Software Development Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency. Our SDETs understand customer usage models and are able to develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios.
• Java, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, HTML, JSP, Java Script, Servlets, Web Services, XML, AJAX, Microservices, SOA, REST, JSON a MUST.
• Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, PowerMock.
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience with Hadoop framework components (MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, Spark, Sqoop, Pig, Zookeeper, Scala, Python, Oozie).
• Develop efficient pig and hive scripts with joins on datasets using various techniques.
• Assess the quality of datasets fora Hadoop data lake. Apply different HDFS formats and structure like Parquet, Avro, etc. to speed up analytics.
• Fine tune Hadoop applications for high performance and throughput. Troubleshoot and debug any Hadoop ecosystem runtime issues.
• Passion for Big Data and analytics in general leveraging technologies like Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce.
• Experience in MySQL, NoSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB is good to have.
• GoLang, Docker, Kubernetes experience is good to have.
• Knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
• 5-10 years overall SDET and/or development experience.
• Design and build scalable automated test frameworks and test suites working across technologies.
• API level testing.
• Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
• Analyze test logs; create test reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders.
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures.
• Demonstrated experience in writing clean code quickly.
• Test framework design and automation experience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Experience developing test automation tools and frameworks.
• Experience developing high quality test strategies and test automation.
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and an ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problems.
• Experience in web application and device test automation using Selenium, Robotium, Appium or any equivalent tool/s.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills.
• Strong exposure with Selenium and Appium framework.
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Coding experience with automation framework, tools and services for mobile. Working Experience in API testing and Automation of the services.
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
• Expertise in database testing including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procedures, jobs, triggers and replication.
• TestNG, JUnit & Testng highly desirable.
• Experience in QA with exposure to white box testing.
• Experience with Open Source Performance Testing Tool Jmeter.
• Hands on in Web services automation using Rest assured.
• Experience in Object Oriented Analysis, Design(OOAD) and development of software using UML Methodology, good knowledge of J2EE design patterns and Core Java design patterns.
• Participate in design and code inspections.
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
A Bachelor's or Master's degree with 5 -10 years of experience as Developer or SDET.