Sr Software Engineer - Data Product Development - DotnetFullstack
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems, building applications that provide an excellent user experience. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills, interacting with product office, defining architecture, establishing coding best practices and advancing agile maturity.
- Design and develop custom applications and reporting using .Net/Java framework, C#, REST Services, AJAX & JQuery.
- Able to participate in all phases of a project development life cycle from Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, Documentation, Standard reviews and Maintenance support.
- Work as part of scrum team executing the product requirements by working with PMO, Architects, Product Owners and other stakeholders.
- Aspire to be a subject matter expert in all the platform capabilities and adapt to fast changes.
- Develop and adapt to common industry best practices for product development.
- Work independently and be part of peer reviews for implementation of new features.
- Bachelor’s or Master`s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with software design, architecture and development life cycle.
- 3+ years of C# .NET or Java programming experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web Service development using REST, JSON, XML, AJAX, HTML 5 & CSS.
- Passion for learning architectural and design patterns.
- Experience with one or more database management tools like DB2, SQL Server, Impala, Hive, MySQL, T-SQL, PLSQL.
- Knowledge of tools like Jenkin, Splunk, JIRA, TFS, wiki, etc.
- Experience in Agile development methodology.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with senior business and technical IT management.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.